Toronto: Then & Now

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
As a Torontonian, born and bred, these photos touch me. I hung out at or around (or ventured through) all of these places. Beautiful then and now. Still miss my city sometimes, but love the country, my partner, and my beloved animals.

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_32530.aspx

Anyone else on here a Torontonian?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Matt, how very cool. I love old buildings and history so I went back and forth through the pictures seeing what was missing and not there anymore. And hwo things are different. Veyr neat. Thank you for posting that.

How cool is that! I'm showing my husband this. He grew up around Toronto and would get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the changes. I've even driven around some of those streets Matt!

Cool, huh? I have fond memories walking downtown during a big snowfall as a child, looking at The Bay Christmas windows. Skating at Nathan Philips Square. The Ex. The Royal. I mean, I still do some of these things...but it was so much more innocent and sweeter back then (not in 1921 lol, I was born in '73...but it was much more innocent and sweet than now
default_wink.png
).

Oh, yeah! My "secret" Santa recipient is a Torontonian, too
default_laugh.png
!

How cool is that! I'm showing my husband this. He grew up around Toronto and would get a warm fuzzy feeling seeing the changes. I've even driven around some of those streets Matt!

Hey Leonie!

Where did hubby grow up? I was born in Thornhill (a suberb) and then moved to Inglewood Drive (Summerhill/St. Clair area), then Cabbagetown (Winchester St.)...and a few in between...
default_wink.png

You are right, Matt. I am a Torontian. Grew up in Scarberia near the Scarborough Town Centre and now live in the west end near Weston Road and 401. I remember the nice Christmas windows downtown and getting taken to see Santa at the Eatons Centre. Going to Centre Island for picnics and the swan rides. The Ex and the Royal I love and still go. Going to see Leaf and Marlie games at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. Just walking around on Yonge Street with my friends, remember the big Sam the Record Man. Oh and Honest Eds...have to go there once in your life.
default_smile.png

Hey Matt! I'm a Torontonian, too. I was born at St. Michael's Hospital in '57, and we lived in the Eglinton-Mount Pleasant area. A year later, we moved to Kitchener, then to Scarborough in 1969. We lived in the last building on Eglinton (at Kingston Rd.), and later moved to Guildwood Village. I went to Sir Wilfrid Laurier 1971-1975 (while you were still in diapers!). When I graduated, we moved to Downsview (Bathurst & Sheppard) and I went to Humber College (Equine Studies) for two years.

I remember going skating at Nathan Phillips Square, the Christmas windows of Simpsons and Eatons, taking the GO train to the Royal, and the ferry to Centre Island (haven't thought about that in years!!), the CN Tower being built, when the old Terminal 1 was the only terminal at Pearson and parking along Dixon Rd. watching the planes landing and taking off, and sooooo many other things. I have many fond memories of living in Toronto, but I'm glad to be out of the city now!!

Hey Matt! I'm a Torontonian, too. I was born at St. Michael's Hospital in '57, and we lived in the Eglinton-Mount Pleasant area. A year later, we moved to Kitchener, then to Scarborough in 1969. We lived in the last building on Eglinton (at Kingston Rd.), and later moved to Guildwood Village. I went to Sir Wilfrid Laurier 1971-1975 (while you were still in diapers!). When I graduated, we moved to Downsview (Bathurst & Sheppard) and I went to Humber College (Equine Studies) for two years.
I remember going skating at Nathan Phillips Square, the Christmas windows of Simpsons and Eatons, taking the GO train to the Royal, and the ferry to Centre Island (haven't thought about that in years!!), the CN Tower being built, when the old Terminal 1 was the only terminal at Pearson and parking along Dixon Rd. watching the planes landing and taking off, and sooooo many other things. I have many fond memories of living in Toronto, but I'm glad to be out of the city now!!

Hey Judy!

I was born at St. Mike's too! In '73. My dad's a doctor there, so I practically grew up there (going in on Saturdays and visiting some patients with him and hanging out in his office etc.).

Latest posts

Back