Top Banana Gret-Granddaughter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyviewminis

Reaction score
th_100_1973.jpg'%20alt='th_100_1973.jpg'

I sure hope this image posted from my photobucket account. If it didn't I hope someone can help me out to post a picture of Lil Lily. I am really proud of her, I *bought* or rather rescued her from just horrible conditions. She had never had a hoof trim, was in a small pen filled with 18" of spongy manure, her pasterns turned out drastically, and she was matted solid with filth. Looking at her little face, straight legs, and knowing her Top Banana breeding, I knew she was a diamond in the *filthy rough*. But nothing mattered, I wasn't leaving without her anyway. My vet said it was no problem getting her hooves to normal, and after two months or so she does not look like the same little gal. She is only 30", and so delicate and petite. I will have to call both registries to see how I can change her registrations to correct her color. She was listed as a silver buckskin on the AMHR, and Palomino on the AMHA. The registration pictures are awful. She is putting weight on her fetlocks with long slippers for hoofs at 6 months, and is matted, with flaxen mane, tail, and all four legs in faded pictures. I hope I don't have to fight with either to prove that yes this is the same horse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I still can't post pictures, hope someone can help out so I can show how nice she turned out.

Oh, my! What a beautiful little lady--glad she found a home with you! Looks like you both got lucky!
default_smile.png

What a pretty little girl - she was so lucky to have found you! Good luck with the papers.

Anna

Hopefully this will bring up the bigger picture so everyone can see it easier.

100_1973.jpg

shes a beauty, that was very kind of you to take her in.
yes.gif

I wonder if the people who breed her in the first place feel bad for her ending up in the place you found her..

im really not trying to be rude to people but this is what happens to most of these lovely miniatures and it doesnt seem to stop people breeding them...i dont understand!!!

If i bred a horse and found out it ending up in a bad home i would never ever do it again ..just in case.
sad.gif

Actually Lily came from the woman who bred her. She owns Royal C Banners Esquire, son of Samis N Banana Banner. I saw an ad online and called out of curiosity. Then this lady kept calling and calling and sending pictures from a show Lily placed in. She kept lowering the price, so since we had to go to Utah anyway, I went prepared for anythng. She also had two or three others she was trying to sell. I sure wish I could have taken them all home. Unbelievably bad conditions.

Lily is registered in both registries and I have sent in both transfers. I had to wait until the weather warmed enough to clip her completely, and I have to request they put her new photos on the registration certificate, and change her color discription.

When we got Lily home in March, after the vet visit, hoof trim, vaccinations and worming. The first thing we did was turn on a space heater in the garage and sponge bathe her so I could try to clip some of the hard matted stuff off of her belly, thighs and legs. She looked odd for a couple of months, but she acted like she felt better.

She also kicked, bit, and reared when she wasn't fed fast enough, and didn't lead or tie much at all. So the ground lessons began. Now she is so sweet and well-behaved.

Over the years we have cleaned up and retrained alot of horses, and a few other rescued animals. They seem to gravitate in my direction lol. Lily has a forever home here, and we hope to start trick training this summer.

Thanks for all the compliments, she deserves them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back