Top 12 Reasons People Voted Democrat in 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I voted democratic in the last election because I can - and do think for myself. I am not led around like a pack of sheep bleating in the night. Jill, I find your post, as I do most of your posts, mean spirited, one sided, negative, and in a lots of ways uninformed. In short the way most of you, IMHO, moronic tea baggers believe. Th Republicants - wrap yourselves in the flag and pseudo religion nd try to scare the heck out of everyone. As I said - I make up my own mind - I normally don't comment on your drivel - but this was a new low even for the likes of you.

I voted democratic in the last election because I can - and do think for myself. I am not led around like a pack of sheep bleating in the night. Jill, I find your post, as I do most of your posts, mean spirited, one sided, negative, and in a lots of ways uninformed. In short the way most of you, IMHO, moronic tea baggers believe. Th Republicants - wrap yourselves in the flag and pseudo religion nd try to scare the heck out of everyone. As I said - I make up my own mind - I normally don't comment on your drivel - but this was a new low even for the likes of you.

Mark and Sharon you are awesome!
I'm mean? Easily lead? Negative? Speak drivel? Uninformed? A moronic tea bagger??? Pseudo Religious? Wrapped in the Flag? Ooooh, okay. Mark, Sharon and Crab -- Just be sure to vote next fall. All indications are your left field liberal, not to be confused by any facts, point of view is slated be under-represented
default_biggrin.png

Oh, and BTW -- Happy Flag Day
july4_1.gif

---------

"If it were true that conservatives were racist, sexist, homophobic, fascist, stupid, inflexible, angry, and self-righteous, shouldn't their arguments be easy to deconstruct? Someone who is making a point out of anger, ideology, inflexibility, or resentment would presumably construct a flimsy argument. So why can't the argument itself be dismembered rather than the speaker's personal style or hidden motives? Why the evasions?" -- Ann Coulter

Last edited by a moderator:
You can darn well bet I'll vote again this fall Jill - the same as I have done ever since allowed this privledge. I am also proud to say that I wore a uniform for this great country to defend the right to vote and to speak my mind. I am not saying you said I didn't. I am just so darn tired of your political rhetoric. I doubt you have changed one persons mind about how they were going to vote or how they feel - especially in the mean spirited, put down type of attacks you seem to prefer. I do not agree with everything President Obama says or does - but I was brought up to respect the office of The President and to work with my fellow Americans to try to lead the country forward - not just sit and whine and bitch about everything. As a great American once said "Ask not what your Country can do for you - ask what YOU can do for your Country". I may not have agreed with everything John F. Kennedy said or did either - but I sure as heck agree with that. And we know which he party he was affiliated with.

That is simply the best political post ever on LB.

Mark, seems you put a lot more stock into reading what I say than vice versa
meeting.gif

In short the way most of you, IMHO, moronic tea baggers believe. Th Republicants - wrap yourselves in the flag and pseudo religion nd try to scare the heck out of everyone.
hmmm...mean spirited, one sided, and negative? I certainly believe the above statement qualifies!

hmmm...mean spirited, one sided, and negative? I certainly believe the above statement qualifies!
That's kinda what I thought, too, Sonya... but you know me! I'm a tough lady and can take it. Plus, I just love the irony
default_laugh.png

Ah, but the real irony is that Mark made one frustrated post in that vein - and you have made many, Jill. You have sneered and insulted people over and over again and yet seem to pride yourself on that. And you have often tended to wrap yourself in the flag while doing so - the last time I checked, that flag stands for all viewpoints and all opinions, not just one "side".

All indications are your left field liberal, not to be confused by any facts, point of view is slated be under-represented
As we have seen in repeated threads, the part I bolded there ^ is not exclusive to those labelled as left field liberal. Far from it. Time and again I have seen talking heads' opinions presented as facts (Beck, anyone?) - or bloggers' opinions presented as facts - or even viral emails being taken seriously when a simple google or visit to snopes can show they are not factual in any way. Ummmm.... I think you made the same prediction in 2008 as well....

Nor are such labels as "left field liberal" easy to stamp on someone. I do not know of a single person - myself included - that are all extreme left or extreme right about everything. Most people have different takes on different subjects that vary across that left/right compass needle. My views on immigration and yes, anger about the idea of illegals being granted amnesty and fast-tracked to citzenship or handed green cards are frowned upon by many of my friends. However, we can discuss the issues without sneering and belittling anyone else's opinions or concerns.

Mark, I do not really care for the term tea bagger - even though many Tea Partiers used it at first until they realized it had another meaning.
default_unsure.png

So - that R debate is over and was a bit of a yawner. Romney came out ahead of the pack... Rick Santorum should reconsider running. I think the R's best option would be Chris Christie from New Jersey - he has a charisma of his own, a distinct style, speaks out, rarely seems to deal in political doublespeak and beating around the bush and would be the best choice. I may disagree with him on many issues - but the Republicans need someone like that.

A third party - and a fourth and fifth party - is desperately needed here. The Tea Party was a start - but more are needed. Everything is not always A or B or black or white or left and right. As a further reform/advancement, the electoral college needs to be done away with. It originally served a purpose but now is just an added step that distances the actual voters from the process and the results.

Jill - actually I put NO stock into your political posts on this forum. They are generally so narrow minded that it seems you could look through a key hole with both eyes at the same time. Your initial post was so insulting I finally had to say something - so if that was your intent in posting - you did succeed. As I said, I do not agree with our President on everything - I doubt there would ever be a president I would totally agree with 100% of the time. But rather than disagree and degrade, I choose the higher road of disagree and support.

On other than political subjects I find your posts informative and fun.

Jill - actually I put NO stock into your political posts on this forum. They are generally so narrow minded that it seems you could look through a key hole with both eyes at the same time. Your initial post was so insulting I finally had to say something - so if that was your intent in posting - you did succeed. As I said, I do not agree with our President on everything - I doubt there would ever be a president I would totally agree with 100% of the time. But rather than disagree and degrade, I choose the higher road of disagree and support.

On other than political subjects I find your posts informative and fun.
Mark, you know, "whatever".

If you want to think I'm narrow minded, that is up to you and causes me no harm. I am very passionate about my political beliefs and I spend a lot of time researching and learning. Daily and from many sources. To feel "decided" on important issues is not narrow minded but again, your opinion of my political stand point is of no consequence to me. Some people of a liberal point of view, though they may decline the title, are so open minded they can't even take their own side in an argument (yes, an old joke).

The original post was not meant seriously, but humorously, and I'd actually get a kick out of the same tone but "against" the right side of the aisle. A client shared it with me and I only wish I could say I myself wrote it.

Finally, for whatever it's worth, I appreciate the last sentiment of your post.

Havent read all the posts but Jill, I knew coming from you it would have some humor (or not) attached, LOL The 'sheeple' need to stand up for what is right and get this country out of the gutter that it is in and stop letting the govt and big corps rule everyone's life. I could probably write a very opinionated book on this subject but thanks Jill, I needed a smile today.
default_biggrin.png

<whispering> Jill, I wouldn't admit it publicly but sometimes you and I think a lot alike, lol

I have very little involvement in politics, mostly because I find it far too difficult to get honest logical information that could help me form an educated opinion. As a young person who is now seriously thinking about who they vote for and wanting to make an educated choice, I wish there were more mature “adults” who could actually put together a logical explanation of why they support one side or the other. Most of what I see are extremely insulting “jokes” like this one and endless rants disguised as “debates”. No one ever considers modifying their idea or opinion because of a valid point the other side brought up. But honestly, with the way opinions are often presented, I can understand why. When people are making insulting demeaning jokes and treating you like you are an idiot it is very hard to not get defensive. At the end of the day, I am not informed enough to have a strong opinion one way or another, but I can def. have an opinion on what is a constructive way to voice your opinion and what is just close-minded and insulting to the most extreme extent. The way someone voices their opinion when they are “passionate” about something says alot about their character. It’s easy to be logical and cool minded when you are talking about your favorite book, but throw politics in and you see people’s true colors. I have many opinions on horse breeding and showing and consider myself well informed and knowledgeable on the subject. Sometimes others choices seem so obviously wrong that I would love to voice my opinion, but even when asked I still would use some level of decency and tact. Could you imagine Jill if I made a Top Ten List, Top Twelve Reasons Jill uses to Buy a Horse, and then it was just an insult fest on your personal decisions, every one being tong in cheek and laugh out loud Funny, at your expense of course? Then to top it off, when you get offended, as you should, I say whatever, it was just meant to be funny, and then have other folks respond agreeing it was funny and then banter back and forth with them. No matter how right I may be it would be WRONG in every single way, just like the attitude in this topic.

James, I'm just going to have to conclude that you don't appreciate political humor
default_smile.png
A lot of people don't, but it would be hard to accidentally read this thread never suspecting it might be political and that it might be poking fun at democrats
default_laugh.png
I'm not at all sorry I shared the "Top 12" list
default_rolleyes.gif
I really do not get the comparison you make, but that's okay
default_yes.gif
I'm as passionate about why I choose the horses I own as I am about my politics
default_biggrin.png

Jill I have a wonderful sense of humor and it is very hard for me to consider something distasteful or offensive. What I don’t agree with is how humor is being used here to give you license to be completely insulting to anyone who disagrees with you. Just cause it is politics doesn’t make it OK. I believe this was probably one of the reasons these topics were banned. Things are posted that would never be allowed if the subject wasn’t politics. If this subject was ridiculing how you chose your horses it would be deleted immediately, funny or not, right or not. You are a smart women Jill, but I have watched you skirt around logic time after time in these political topics. Normally, when defending your view you are very logical and mature in your explanation of your opinions. In these political posts you resort to saying it was just a joke or literally, “whatever”, or my all time favorite, I don’t have any interest in foreigners opinions of American politics. How would you feel Jill if I posted a horse for a critique and after you replied with your opinion, I replied,” thanks Jill, but I’m not interested in the opinion of someone who hasn’t been to Worlds, please don’t take it personal.” Then I just kept posting similar topics over and over, some that were even offending you, and every time you replied I just said, “Not interested Jill, you haven’t been to worlds.” While I am sure you would be a big girl and just stop reading my posts, that wouldn’t make my posts right. And I would hope someone would stand up for you and tell me how rude I was.

So, you're offended because I personally don't care to consider or weed through the opinions about US politics from people who aren't US citizens? That's how I feel and I've gone into the reasons before. Doesn't matter if no one else agrees (though I know that's not the case). It's up to me to decide who's opinion I value on particular subjects. When it comes to the opinions of non-US citizens on US politics, I am not personally interested but I am sure when it comes to a million other topics, I would be.

Or it's annoying that I didn't care to defend the ridiculous nasty tea bagger types of things Mark said? Why would I bother?

People who do not like my political posts shouldn't read them, like I absolutely do not read some of the replies and skip over other threads that are not of interest. People also shouldn't be angry over my opinions about things... We each live with our own opinions and not anyone else's unless we want to. If people want to not like me because of my opinions, I am fine with that choice. I'd rather be liked or not based on what I really stand up for vs. what someone thinks I might stand up for.

While I have always thought you're a great guy and still do, you can be upset about any of these things about me and a lot more if you would like, and maybe I'll bust out the thesaurus and look up "whatever"
ok.gif

You're you, I'm me and we have our own beliefs about a wide range of subjects. You say you haven't spent much time finding the politics that suit you but it's something I've been thinking about for 25 or so years and something I spend time keeping up with daily. I'm passionate about politics, like political humor, and have things to say when it comes to politics. I cannot pretend I think something I don't especially when the topics are something I've spent a lot of time thinking and learning about.

Jill would it be crossing a line or in poor taste for me to post a Top Twelve list of what criteria you use to purschase your Horses.

Latest posts

Back