Took my gelding for a drive today.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
I havent drove him in about a year, and decided I needed to get him back in the cart before our show in a few weeks. I must admit I am a bit afraid of him. I am used to my super laided back gelding. This gelding has a bit more flare to him and desire to go. Not to mentino the weirdest things scare him.

Well, he actually suprised me. He was very well behaved for it being so long and him only being 4 years old. We went down the road about a mile. Lots and lots of cars do to a accident, didnt phase them at all, even when they went flying by way over the speed limit. The buffalo didnt scare him, the barking collies didnt scare him..............however get this..........the big horses scared the liveing day lights out of him! He didnt know what to think of them.

We get back home and I was gonna do a lap around the hay field for cool down but we didnt get far. We started out and Bruno, our buffalo calf jumped up out of the grass.........thought for sure I was a goner there for a miniute. Then we made it a few feet, but then the big ol scary round bales showed up. Needless to say we turned it around and high tailed it out of there calling it a day.

Really I enjoyed it thou, even with my fear.

EDITED: Gesh just reread that. Sorry if its confuseing I just got home and have been up for a running of 30 hours and am gettin gvery sleepy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not funny, but your last paragraph had me in stitches the way you told it.

aktion033.gif
Great post, and believe me Carl and I are jealous! Buddy "supposidly " drives but we havn't tried it yet as we have no cart or harness..and he can be a brat anyway so it might be an adventure:)

We do plan on it next year so wish us luck..love you post

Maxine

Thats great he did so well! Our big horses actually were afraid of our minis when I brought home my qh. He reared and flipped over, wasnt a pretty sight!

Well its just odd to me that he didnt know what to think of the big guys. I mean after all he is currently pastured with a bunch of crabby broodmares, a 7 foot tall camel, and a zebu steer. Next to him is some goats and sheep, and zebras.

OH I also found out not to try and put air in the tires with horse attached to cart. He didnt take off or anything but I dont think I have ever seen a horse with all 4 feet in the air. dumb me just wasnt thinking there.

Latest posts

Back