Too young?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
OK so this has been on my mind for a while. I am 14, 15 in october. I have had the same boyfriend since April 1st of this year but all the adults I know say 'Oh, you're too young' etc. We both make good grades, and are good kids. We even play SPORTS and keep up with our grades but alomst no one aproves. Am I too young?

IMO, it depends on how responsible you two are and how serious it is. Is it just hanging out and movies and stuff or is it more?

I think many of us have our first steady boyfriend (or girlfriend) around 14-15, and that most of our parents thought we were too young... I would say not to let the relationship overshadow other friendships / family relationships and priorities in your life and that goes for now as well as when you're an adult
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on how you look at it. It used to be common in this country and still is in other countries for girls especially to be married at your age. They were prepared by then to keep a home and raise a family. Now in this country we have this age zone called adolescence. At your age you aren't really considered ready to get married yet. Many people though consider it normal to date during this time. IMO what this does so often is set people up for having relationships and then getting out of them. It can hurt you later on in life when you do want to have a life-long committed relationship. What are your goals for this particular relationship? Are you in it just to have fun? Are you helping each other develop into responsible adults? Are you thinking he is the one you will marry? There is a lot to consider here and I don't think any dating relationship should be taken lightly.

i dont have a boyfriend but i have friends that are almost 12 that have or had boyfriends.

Too young for what?

A steady relationship? Probably not

A lifelong committment? Probably

Sex - Absolutely.

Your life is just beginning and hopefully you have 10 times the age you are right now to experience. Having a baby right now (which is a very definite outcome of sex) is not the right choice for you or a baby.

Too young for what?
A steady relationship? Probably not

A lifelong committment? Probably

Sex - Absolutely.

Your life is just beginning and hopefully you have 10 times the age you are right now to experience. Having a baby right now (which is a very definite outcome of sex) is not the right choice for you or a baby.
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back