Too many losses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Lisa - I'm so sorry. My heart breaks for you. This little poem is for you. I wrote it when I read your sad post. The words can go both ways: It could be you saying it to Diablo, or, perhaps he's saying it to you.

Both Ways

I rode with you o'er field & stream,

You to me, were my perfect dream.

Go down the hill & back again,

So far, so near, but always been.

I'll miss you so, what a mighty sight,

And now you've become a dream at night.

But know we'll meet again, my friend.

For, I love you, beyond this hurtful end.

Next time, we'll ride, and even fly.

When to me you've come on high.

My sympathies, dear friend. Perhaps you'll see him again. - k

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,

I am so sad for you!

I felt this way losing one of my dogs, he was a dear friend.

When the pain eases I hope you can ease your own guilt and know that no one was at fault.

sad.gif
sad.gif

I am so sorry for your loss. There is no "just a horse" they quickly become our best friends.

I wish words alone could take away your pain

Lisa,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that in time the wonderful memories will erase the pain. Blame will make those memories slow in coming, so try and let it go. Take care

PLease accept my heartfelt condolences on the loss of this dear boy..I had tears in my eyes reading it and felt your pain..time will help and the next time you see a Rainbow , it will be him looking down and saying, "I loved you and it's ok"

Maxine

Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a loved companion is part and parcel of having animals, we have to cherish the time we have with them. I have been there too, and have an old QH mare now that I so dread losing.

Jan

I'm sorry for the loss of your special friend. You were lucky to have him, keep his memory in your heart and he will always be with you. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I could feel your heartache in the words you typed, and I wish that words could make you feel better....

oh my...how sad for you..he sounds just like my Shiloh who I lost last year.... I tell you, It is hard to stand there and watch them die and know you cannot do anything to help...I also beleive Diablo went how he wanted to...he could have made it back to you but chose to spare you ..what a wonderful soul he had!. They reach a point where there is no pain..only a road forward....but they leave us to suffer the 'what ifs' and the 'if onlys'...celebrate this great horse and remeber his life, not his passing

Oh Lisa,

I am just in tears reading this! I can feel your pain in losing your beloved Diablo.

He will always be with you in spirit. I know that someday the wonderful memories that you have of him will over shadow the grief that you are feeling right now.

I do think that Diablo wanted to spare you the agony of trying to save him, it was his wish to go in peace.

Hugs and prayers for you as you mourn your very special, precious Diablo.

I'm so sorry Lisa, it's hard to lose any horse, but when it's that "special one" it just downright sucks
no.gif

Don't beat yourself up for not being there. I truly believe with how close you were to this horse, had he wanted you there or needed help, he would have let you know in some way.

Sending hugs your way.

I am so sorry for you and have tears in my eyes after reading it. He knew you loved him and don't dwell on the fact you weren't there for him. He wouldn't have wanted you to see him at his worst. Remember all the good times together and God will let you meet again some day. I'm sure he is up there saying "Don't cry for me."

Hugs, Joyce

Oh Lisa, my heart is just breaking for you. Believe me, I do know how hard this is
no.gif

Please take comfort in knowing how much Diablo loved you, and how lucky you were to have each other.

Take care -

Liz R.

What a heartbreaking loss! I'm sorry you are going through this, but like others have said, please don't blame yourself! (((hugs)))

I am so sorry Lisa...please know that when you are here with your forum family that we all know he wasn't "just a horse". You are so lucky to have had such a very special horse. I know you would have liked your time together to be longer but I hope when the pain eases you can look back on your time together with nothing but fond memories. (((Hugs))))

Latest posts

Back