Tony ..favor please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
You had a series of pictures from Mr. Twister posted a few years back..i saved these somewhere UT can't find them anymore
sad.gif

Would you mind to re-post them?? Thanks in advance!!
yes.gif
saludando.gif

Sure here he is. By the way, I am excited to announce that I am getting him back to put in our breeding program in a few weeks.

For those of you have not seen these pictures it shows the development of a foal at birth to straightening up. NOTHING was done to interfere with his progress, other than allowing him to be outside with his dam constantly. I keep telling people to leave them alone, and am frequently ignored to the horse's detriment.

twisterlegs.jpg

twister_byington2.jpg

HOly cow! How tall is that guy pictured with him?

I remember these photos. I have seen this myself in my own horses as well.

I for one, "hang on to every word" Tony tells me. In fact have phoned him privately on several occasions regarding issues with the little ones. It is hard to express in words how valuable a breeder like Tony is with his knowledge and his ability/willingness to share his experiences when asked.

Pretty boy, I am partial to the black ones with blaze faces and of course bays with or without chrome!

I listen!
yes.gif

Beth

Tony,

What a handsome fellow he matured into! Thank you for doing those series of photos. Excellent education there.

We had a filly born here this year that belongs to some friends that was down on her back legs. The owners were hysterical. We reasurred them that she would come up with excersize......also gave her an extra selenium shot, since we live in a low area.

Two weeks later they came back to see their "babies" and couldn't believe how straightened up she was! (I just KNEW they didn't believe us until they saw it with their own eyes!)

MA

Thanks, Beth, for your kind words. Sometimes when I post, after the responses I get, I ask myself, "Why do I bother?".

why bother?? because A TON of us respect your advice and have learned so much from your posts tony!! I know its frustrating to get some of the comments i have seen lately but remember the majority of us love having you here to give advice etc.
aktion033.gif

Tony,

Don't ever feel that way!!

Loving the tiny ones like you do, I have learned so much from you, and always am so glad when you decide to post and share your tremendous knowledge and experience.

I am just one tiny frog in the great big pond...... but for what it is worth, you KNOW you are my Mini Mentor :)

Susan O.

Another deeply appreciative fan of Tony here.
saludando.gif

I remember back around 8 or 9 years ago, when I first met Tony (online, among the onelist minigroup, now yahoo) that I thought he was a veterinarian, lol. His extensive base of knowlege of the breed is nothing short of utterly invaluable! To ever be on the receiving end of his generous sharings is something of a blessing for sure!
yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, please do continue to "bother". I have learned so much from your posts and pics. When I have inquired about something you have been warm and very helpful.

aktion033.gif
Another "Tony fan" here. Heck, when I first got into minis and wanted the tiny ones, for a while I felt I was the "only one" who did, then I discovered TONY & his family. What a blessing.

This man not only has years of experience -- sometimes more valuable than anything else you can ever find -- but, he has several generations of animal lineage at his farm to show us even more indepth "evidence".
laugh.gif
Add to that the background knowledge of the minis, in general, and you have the "mother lode of miniatures" at Little America.

So, thanks for sharing it all, Tony......please don't stop......MOST of us know to pay attention, the rest will eventually get there
wub.gif
yes.gif

Tony,

You posted that same series of photos for me when my little filly, Lailah, was born with a similar situation, but nowhere near that severe in appearance. My vet had also recommended for me to let her and her dam outside to run and be able to move around rather than stall them. When you reiterated that along with Joanne Ross, I felt pretty sure that is what I should be doing.

My filly was fine within about 36 hours and I was grateful for you sharing your experience as a longtime breeder.

Keep sharing, we are all appreciative,

Liz M.

Tony,

Please don't say "why bother"...!! The ones who don't value your many many years of hands on experience aren't worth it. THEY are the ones who lose.

Keep up the good work, Tony. There are more than enough folks right here that appreciate all you do and all you know.

Blessings,

MA

Thank you soo very much..I just think these pictures are amazing..after seeing them for the first time it sure helped me NOT to freak out if these legs on newborns not straight as a whistle..thanks again..
saludando.gif

Tony, I'm the 2nd frog in the big pond after Susan as I read all your posts and have learned from them. I love the little ones too.

Joyce

Remember the old saying believe you can or believe you can't either way you are right...you've done a great job and have a lot of knowledge to learn from when it comes to the minis. This goes back more then 25 years and l believe it's your fault we have all these minis today so keep on trucking more then you think listen to knowlegde from a hands on person with your experience.
biggrin.gif

Tony,

I read and learn from your posts too.
biggrin.gif

(I just asked Tony a question last week, which

he promply answered and put me at ease)

Such a huge amount of knowledge!!

Sandy

Latest posts

Back