Tomorrow Ruthy will probably have to leave

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
Well, tomorrow we will have to take Ruthy, our 12 year old black cat to the vet for the final time. I picked her out at the pound twelve years ago as a six month old kitten. She reached through the cage door to tap us. She has survived through a serious, life threatening cold, a painful declawing, and a tornado. She had always been shy but sweet, but recently she had been becoming very friendly. She would tap us with her paw to get our attention so we would pet her. Then she would purr like crazy when we did. She sometimes would jump on our lap and if you would talk to her, she would answer back with a hearty meow. When she got hyper she would run across our dinning room floor and skid across it like an out of control skater. Not too long ago she became extremely attention seeking. When I would shut my bedroom door she would actually 'knock' on it until I would open it and let her in. Her favorite thing to do was to run to the blinds and bang on them until I would open them and let her watch the outdoors. A few days ago she became extremely sick and lethargic and we took her to the vet after a long night during which we thought we would not survive. After several days of treatment for a failing liver the vet relunctantly thought it would be best to put her to sleep. When we came to say 'goodbye' she was so happy to see us, we thought we'd take her home and just try to see if she would get better and eat some food. But it was no use. She is slipping away and we don't wish to cause her anymore pain. So tomorrow unfortunately we have to take her back to the vet one last time... At least she has had a good life.

I'm so sorry MiniHunterHorseFan. We've been through this a couple of times over the years. even though you know you're doing the best for her, it's hard. And you'll grieve. I'll be thinking of you.

I am so sorry. It sounds like you and Ruthie shared many happy times throughout her life there with you. I am sorry you'll be losing her tomorrow, but you are doing what is best for her.

Sorry about your kitty it is so hard to lose those special pets. They just seem to wrap those little paws around our hearts. Keep the memories close, and you will always have her. Kathy

You did just right, she came home for one last love goodbye, I'll be thinking of you.

I am sorry for you guys. Having went through this same thing three months ago.,, it is heartbreaking. But you need to be proud and happy that you saved her 12 years ago and have always done best by her. I will be thinking of you guys. She must be a special girl!

I am sorry you have to let your cat go. My family had to do that not to long ago, was very hard.

<HUGS>

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Ruthie. My sis and her partner are at the vet's right now with their Marlee dog too
default_no.gif
She's been in renal failure (out of the blue) since being boarded at the vet's, weekend before last.

I am so sorry you have had to let your friend leave -- but, you gave her love and a gentle passing.

She knew of her illness and gave you the best of her last weeks by insisting to spend her own time with the one she loved and had provided her with love and care for a lifetime. How very special these animals are! You will see her again.....

That is very sad.........But she spent the end of her life making sure you knew she loves you!

Well, she's gone now... We plan to bury her here at home. Thank-you everyone for their kind comments. Ruthy had a good life. We have another cat but she is eleven and has some problems too. My mom thinks the house is so empty now. We were thinking about getting a house dog... Maybe a corgi or mini australian shepherd. Does anyone know anything about them?

I'm so sorry. I just HATE having to make those decisions and doing that. Hugs to you.... sounds like Ruthie had a wonderful life with you and was happy. And yes, she loves you. I'm just so sorry you had to lose her already.... I wish pets would live as long as people sometimes!

Maybe another kitty for you? I've never had either of the dog breeds you mentioned, so can't help there.

I am so sorry about your cat. I have four Pembroke Welsh Corgis. They are really neat dogs and very fun to watch. Mine remind me of little clowns. They have lots and lots of energy and do best when they have a job. Mine like to run up and down the barn isles jumping on the stall doors. I think they believe that they are keeping the horses from getting out. To me the only negative is that they do shed a lot!!!
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back