Tomorrow is my Mom's memorial

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Annette, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. Just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time in your life.

Charlene, make that 2 strong guys up there, both carpenters, and both are probably wearing there tool belts.. It also sounds like Gary couldn't sit still a minute, always had a few projects going on..same with Lance. Bet there going to keep Annette's Mom darn busy on heavens dance floor. You are still such a special inspiration to all of us, especially those of us who have lost someone recently. Corinne

Annette, I am so saddened to hear what you are going thru. Losing your mom was terribly hard, I have lost my father but I am still lucky enough to have my mom with me. I know nothing any one can say will ease your hurt, but do know you have a lot of people thinking of you. <<hugs>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Annette, I am just so, so sorry.

I lost my mom a year ago on April 15 and so I know how hard it is. I am so sorry that you

had to lose both your parents in such a short amount of time.

We lost Mom just 7 months after we lost my father in law (as you remember we had to leave Tulsa early). Six weeks to the day after my mom passed away my closest aunt (Mom's sister) passed away too,

just went to bed at night and never woke up in the morning. Then, 6 months

after my mom passed away we lost our old Saluki, Trulee (the one you met in Tulsa)

which sounds trivial compared to a parent, but of all our dogs she was the ONE, who over the

past 15 years got me through some really tough times in my life.

Life just sucks at times. Hang in there -- there will be a big hug waiting for you in Tulsa this year!!

Shelley

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((((HUGS))))

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Prayers are there for you! I'm so sorry for your loss. We're all here for you; just a click away.

God bless,

Joan

Again, all of you, thank you so much. Today went OK. I felt a little panicky and my daughter gave me something and it took the edge off. I was still sad but I felt in control.

Some of you have suffered so much and are still living, this helps me to know that I will again be "normal".

Mary, I had no idea you lost your husband, I am so very sorry. I have been a little self absorbed this spring and I am sorry I was not there for you. Thank you for being there for me.

Shelly, yes I remember your quick depart from Tulsa. I had no idea so much was piled on top of it though. I am truly sorry.

I think we all need to raise a toast to our loved ones that are up there watching us. Here's to you all.

Annette....... I know we haven't seen each other for a long time.......and you don't know my beliefs and I don't know your's. But I do know that your mom chose her life and her way of leaving (as hard as it sounds). Not everyone has that, I don't think. I have that feeling that she followed your dad on purpose and she is FREE and HAPPY.

I've been there.......I've lost both my parents too. And I now know how happy they are. I'm trying not to be selfish because I miss them horribly and there are times that I say out loud to them........"darn it! If you were just HERE I'd ask you -- such and such"...........or ........." darn it, if you were here you could see this with me!"

Annette, what's crazy is that, you mom IS there. She CAN share. And in time I hope she will let you know that she is......... My folks have given me wonderful signs. I hope you get them too. My heart goes out to you right now. (((Hugs)))

Annette, I am sending you 10,000 hugs, you know I am. I am so sad for you, life is not fair, that is for sure. In order to enjoy love, we must know that our hearts will also break. I wish I could send you some comfort.

I will see you again my friend, hopefully we will both be in better times. (((((ANNETTE)))))

P.S.: I just read your last reply, and all I can say is that if anyone is NOT self-absorbed it is you. You are one of the most thoughtful, loving and caring people I know. Sending big love your way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Annette.....my prayers are with you today and in the days to come. That you will find peace and comfort in knowing that your Mom is still with you and smiling down upon you. Take care of yourself...you will see her again.....I believe that!

Annette,

I can't imgaine what it's been like for you this year. My thoughts and prayers are with you; you are an inspiration. See you soon!{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Annette, again I am so very sorry you have lost SO much in such a short time. My heart hurts for you and know you are not alone in losing parents...Take care!

Blessings and condolences!

{{{BIG HUGS}}}

Jenny

Annette,

I'm late seeing your post but want you to know I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family for the loss of your mom and dad this year. Your in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh wow, I lost my mom almost to the day (June 15th) over 7 years ago. I was not ready to live without my mother (I was only 24) but my mom was ready to be done with her fight with cancer. I can't imagine losing both of my parents. My thoughts are with you in this time.

I am so sorry for your losses. FInd peace in the times you did have and hope in the memories that will alwyas be.

I wasn't able to bring myself to read this until now; the one-year anniversary of my Mom's death is just two weeks from now, she went from vitally healthy to hospitalized to gone in just a space of two months, and it was such a shock (she was 65).

Tears for you, Annette, and hugs, with my condolences on losing your beloved Mom.

Annette -

I am sorry for the loss of not one, but both parents in the same year.

When my dad died we all thought mom would go quickly, but praise God she has been strong and is still going.

When my dad's family starting going, they all went very quickly. The thing that keeps me going is that somewhere in heaven there's a huge pontoon on a golden lake, with a hot pinochle game going!

Hopefully your mom and dad are having a great time, and sending good thoughts your way

Dana aka Ruffian

Back