Today's Holly pic

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
For those of you that asked to

see an updated pic of Holly, we

just took this tonite. The purple

arrow is pointing towards that

"point" where her butt changed

shape in July. It came up to a

point and the sides got mushy.

And as any self-repecting quarter

horse person, you know that we

do take great pride in our well

rounded butts. But her's has

deflated and sides have caved in.

Then of course there is that big

lump hanging under her tummy.

Although Holly is a pig, she has

never been one to get overly

fat and have a belly like this,

even during winter when I load

them up on hay. Holly doesn't get

a belly like what is here at all.

HollyFetus1.jpg

This next picture shows that her sides are

sticking out. It is more pronounced when she

is standing square or walking towards you.

Hollyfetus2.jpg

And last but not least, the star of our show:

TODAY'S BOOBIES!!!!

todaysboobies.jpg

So if any of you guys out there that said that you

don't think that Holly is even bred, would you please

reconsider and say so now because I really can't take

any more bad news here right now?

Thanks for looking. I hope.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty.........nobody knows your mare better than you. If you say that she has all these changes than she probably is going to pop that foal in her good time.

Just for reference sake do you have a side view photo of her from a few months ago that shows these changes?

Wow Marty, from the pics I remember seeing of Holly a few months back, I say she has DEFINATELY got a baby in there.

Maybe she's waiting for the new barn to be completely finished before she pops Fetus out?
wink.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Yep marty she does look bred to me but still has a ways to go. Was she out with Nick at all after that time you had her there for 2 days? Shes not hollow in the flanks and "Fetus" is still pretty far forward to be over due for sure.... Boobies still say weeks to go.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I'll say she's bred and is going to have a small baby. My mare looked a lot like Holly does right before she foaled. No milk bag and no big sides. My mares glands in front of the milk bag got big about 2 days before she foaled. Hope she has it soon.
yes.gif

Hang in there, Marty. I have been fooled by mares before but Holly looks bred to me. How long was she with the stallion? Maybe you are just off in your foaling date. Keep watching for her bag to get bigger. Of course, sometimes you will not get a bag until the foal is on the ground.

Freida

As you can imagine, I've been yet another basket case all day long since some of you mentioned that she may not even be bred. Because I never even considered that my vet could be wrong. She did do an internal and said she touched his little head! But after today, I really just felt like taking down the camera, giving up, and hang myself from the nearest tree. I really want this baby a lot.

I went and looked a my QH Katy's papers and it has been, get this: exactly 21 years since I have had a foal. So I have been waiting 21 years for this baby.

I feel that she is going to have a tiny baby.

If you keep in mind that she is 34" almost by a hair, and Nick is 31.5....his background is mostly all shortys. So that is why I felt that she was carrying

a little teeny weeny fetus.

There are only two days end of September that she was exposed

and I do not believe that she was bred at that time. I think she was

already in foal when I turned her out with Nick then only for a couple

of hours each day. She was not

very receptive at all. But again, possible.

Presently, she wants nothing to do with him and actually if she got

near him she'd proably kill him. She has been acting hateful towards

him now for a very long time. He's crushed.

Hi Marty,

Holly sure is a cute mare. I agree with Lyn though. She does not look like an over-due mare. She looks at least a few weeks out. You had said a while back that she had no bag and it sure looks like she's starting to bag for you. Keep an eye on her for sure but until that foal moves back into her flanks I wouldn't be pulling all nighters! I had a new mare this year that was preg with her 4th foal and never did look very pregnant...but she carried her foal high up and it was hard to tell when the foal moved to the flanks. She bagged but was never "full" and presented me with a nice suprise one morning with a filly by her side....3 weeks early. So, you never know. Could be Holly is carrying it up higher than you think and that is just belly you see. Good Luck!!!

She is a maiden right? she does appear to be starting to bag and she looks alot different then she did in may. Remember not all maidens bag and get tight some dont till right before meaning hours or a day or even after they foal.

I think there is a baby in there

I have had experienced broodmares foal with NO bag at all and get milk in later

Last edited:
I would move the purple arrow back a little. Sure looks like the ole "V" thing going on in her belly and looks like a little baggin'going on as well. And, as they say, when they carry 'em high..it's a filly. Hang in there, Fetus can't stay in there forever. And what will the forum do without a Holly update!!!

[SIZE=14pt]Marty,[/SIZE]

I would agree with Lyn also, Holly looks like she is pregnant, but has several weeks to go!
yes.gif
I'm going out on a limb here and predict a Sept 10th baby! (Filly) too!
aktion033.gif

Bill

Marty,

Holly is a beautiful mare and I really think she looks pregnant!! These pictures certainly look like "Fetus" is in that tummy!

It also looks like her udder is developing!

Hang in there and keep a close eye on your precious girl (I know you are already doing that) and soon you will have a beautiful foal to play with!!

Hugs to Holly and her "worried" Mom!!!

Marty,

I love you dearly, but you have got to have just a touch more patience here. You and Holly both need that!!!!

It doesn't make any difference if two thousand people on the forum say she doesn't look bred, because if there is a foal in there, it will come out no matter what anyone says. Honestly!

The pictures with the arrows, it looks like to me she has dropped. If that picture had been taken directly from the side I would say she almost has her V.

As for her boobies, don't mean squat in a maiden.

Member Frankie and how she had Prints with out me? Why, because she had NO bag and I mean none, was not mushy in the rear at all AND she had been in heat for over a week.
wacko.gif
But remember this is my barn and all things are weird.

What I am trying to say is they are all different, different signs and they for sure aren't going to give you all of them!

What about her milk veins leading to the bag? Two of my mares did fill up there, easy to miss, and then did not have a bag until foal arrived.

In my opinion she is in foal, no doubt for me by looking at the pictures.

You know Holly, we don't, and photos do not always tell the truth.

You are fine, a good horsey mom, so please JUST TRUST YOURSELF!!!

Your Holly reminds me so much of my Blazin Beauty........... Anyway I think she is at least 3 weeks away......... BTW, when & did you ever notice a slanted crevice on her sides? I've found when I see that crevice, our mares are about a month away from foaling.

Well my goodness, Marty! Don't ask for opinions then get upset when some of them aren't what you want to hear.

That said these last pictures look more promising. But I also say she can't be overdue. If she got bred in September then she would be due this month. Until Danielle posted abt her being exposed later most of us didn't realize that she could be due any later than July 15th.

As Carol said just calm down and take a chill pill! Hopefully your going to have a baby soon.

I am by no means an expert, but from those pictures and what you tell us I would say there is most surely a foal in there. I think it is just that she is a maiden and maybe still has a little while to go.

As someone else said, trust yourself, you know her better than anyone else.
smile.gif

Marty, How about doing a "guess when Holly's foal is due". It will either get your mind off of her or else make you crazy! hehe (or are you there already?)............ I'm guessing August 25th.

Hey Marty

Hang in there. Don't be giving up. She looks very pregnant to me. I am waiting on one to foal to. Yours looks futher along then ours. On the bag, none of our maidens had bags before foaling. One mare it took 2 weeks after the baby came. Yep, bottle feeding. Have some foal Lac on hand just in case..

Right now, we have a mare who had no bag foal a beautiful tiny grulla filly. Mare got her bag, all was great. Till today, we lost our milk. The bag has turned hard.

I am giving banamine, and doing very warm water rub downs. Bag was better tonight. For the baby, I am giving bottles to help her till we can get the milk going again. You just never know. Our baby is like You Got Milk..

So hang in there, Sure hope the one is right on it being a filly. That a mare carry high is carrying a filly. Hey our two this year was fillies and yep they were carry high. The one who was carry low had a boy. So maybe we will both get fillies.

Hang in there, God will bless you with the most beautiful baby. I can't wait to see it.

Vicky

Best wishes to Holly and you

Latest posts

Back