Today has finally arrived, asking for prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
It seems like it has taken forever for this day to arrive and now that it is here so many things have been added to add to the nerves.

My grandson Blake is having his open heart surgery today, and it is in Boston.

He is 3 years old and we have always known this day would come. The last several months have been difficult for him but he is such a trooper.

They arrived in Boston yesterday and I have spoken with them, they are safe.

Usually I have no problems talking, typing, but I already see that this is all over the place, sorry.

Asking for prayers for Blake, my family, his twin sister and the doctors who will be doing the 8-12 hour surgery. It is going to be a long road to recovery and prayers is about all I can do right now.

Thank you all so very much for thinking of my grandson.

View attachment 12545

Sending prayers your way, and theirs. He is getting so big, I remember you posting pictures when they were itty bitty. Keep us posted please.

Adding my prayers for Blake, the Doctors and the family. ((((HUGS))))

Thinking of you and your beautiful family today. May Blake be protected and kept safe during his surgery.

You will all be in our thoughts and enfolded in this forum's united strength. We already know that your grandbabies are fighters! Take care.

susanne

After 13 plus hours Blake is in recovery. We have all had a long day. I can't begin to thank all of you for your prayers, I so appreciate it.

They did many repairs to Blakes heart, and a few of them twice. His heart is still trying to figure it all out so they had to add an external pace maker until it does. Our hope is it is only temporary, but it will be several weeks before we know for sure. His chest remains open in case of any more needed repairs or bleeding. The next 24 hours very critical for him and will remain in ICU for about 2 weeks.

Thank you so much for giving my family your time today. I don't mind asking that you continue to keep our Blakey in your prayers. I will update as I have more.

I will be praying for little Blake's continued recovery. Our God is an awesome God! Blake looks like a brave little fellow. I know his sissy is anxious to have him playing with her again. They are so sweet!

Will continue to hold your beautiful grandson Blake, in my thoughts. May he be protected and his heart given the strength it needs. Blessings to you and your beautiful family. Holding you all in healing light.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Blake is still under sedation, but it appears the repairs to his heart are holding. Today they plan to close his chest as the swelling has gone done, that is a big step forward!! He is still on a respirator and pace maker. Both he will be weaned off of as he grows stronger, no real time frame it will depend on him. The best positive news, he has color in his toes!!! Something he has never really had before. Many ICU days to come, many critical steps, but so far this little boy has faught hard!! So very proud of him and his parents!

Thank you again, you are so appreciated!

What great news! May he continue to be held under a healing light.

Latest posts

Back