to show again or not to show????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
our first show is two weeks away, and i dont know if i even want to show again, its fun and all and on the other hand it cost money that i dont always have,i love doing the mhco shows and all but i just dont know, so much has gona on is the last month everything is so crazy, and i dont know if china is ready to be showing again,i lent my winter blanket to my friend, and that now has a bunch of holes in it, so i cant clip till my friend buys me another blanket, and i duno when that will be ...urg...... what do i do???????
default_wacko.png

If it's too stressful and you or your horse can't be ready, don't go. Life's too short to make showing such a big deal. There'll be another show another time.

I only show if/when I feel like it (which includes all the conditioning and prep work). I flat out don't always feel like it, having nothing to prove, and so don't always show
default_biggrin.png
Too many things in the day I have to do that when it comes to free time, I do what I want with my horses. If it's not fun or if times would make it too stressful to really enjoy it, why do it? You know it's always fun just to "play" with your mini on your own and no stress to it, either
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with mininik. Life is way too short for so much worry about a show. When everything is good, a show can be stressful. When all is not well, then it is just not worth it. I love showing our horses, but would skip this show if I were in your shoes. also, and I know this is a bit late, but I have found that I never lend anything I will need for a certain date--It never seems to get back here or not the way I need it.
default_no.gif

Angie

I'm going to be a little different from the others, just because I have been going through similar thoughts lately, but I've already paid my entry fees and I'm not going to just surrender them with no benefit. :DOH! I haven't been feeling well and thought there was no way I could do the show (and I stupidly entered SIX horses, back when I was feeling ok) but I decided that since I love to show, I'll just bring the number of horses that I can, and do the best that I can, and just enjoy it all. I won't be ready, but I *will* enjoy getting out there and seeing everybody and all the beautiful horses. So I say, *IF* you can afford the entries, go for it, but if it will cause a hardship, then wait til you can better afford it and can actually enjoy it all.
default_yes.gif

Another thing, too, is if you decided not to show, there may be other things you could work on like driving, tricks, etc.
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png
If you spent the time you'd have taken to condition and show, you'd have your horse able to do something else neat instead if you wanted. You'd still have something to be proud of for all your horse time
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Just go out to the fun fair shows, Example June 07, in Clinton Ontario, has 20 classes open for A horses (34" and under )

Entry fee of 20% will be deducted from prize monies.

A membership fee is $3.00 come on out and enjoy some fun. For only $3.00

Winners $15.00, $12, $10, $8., $5 and ribbons

Sumpreme Halter Horse

$50.00 for the Winner

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
I love the concept of the fun fair shows! What a great idea, I wish they had such things here. I would definately go.

If it is too stressful or money is an issue( we all have that sometimes) then dont show. No pressure, just love your sweetheart and that is a great thing to do...

It is OK to just love them and spend time with them...

So many people have hangups about if you arent showing, riding(biggees)or driving then whats the point. I think the point is for us to all love these little sweethearts and if we want to do other things then thats great! But not a requirement of owning a horse of any size...

Cara, shows get expensive so if you cannot do it right now don't worry about it.

There will always be other shows when and if you feel you are ready.

Maybe you can just go and watch this one, and try again at a later time.

I understand what everyone is saying, i think thats a good idea jsut doing the fun fair shows, and reble i wanna go to clinton even tho i havent done that great there in the past
default_rolleyes.gif
hehe

Yes i remember having those feeling as well from time to time, but you have to do what is best for you. Its just as much fun to just go to the show and help out friends with prep work ext and watch.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back