to protect mane from rubbing off

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
He's a driving horse and his mane is trimmed down. I don't want him rubbing it off even more. What can I put on him all day outside? What's it called? Mane tamer or sleep wear hood?

What's the best place to get one?

Most of the time, a horse will try and rub the mane tamer/slinkie off. Causing him to lose even more hair and you to lose money on your investment becuase he'll likely ruin it. Just let it get nice and dirty and don't bother it. He won't rub it off then.
default_biggrin.png

If he play fights with other horses, you might want to keep them separated. I had a filly lose half her mane before a big show becuase it was bitten off! :DOH!

I've had a few show horses who insisted on putting their heads through the fence and rubbing, reaching for that last blade of grass on the other side.... The only thing I found to work was to wrap her neck, put a slinky over it and duct tape the slinky so it wouldn't get rubbed off. It was a pain, but it was a last resort and it worked. Supreme Equine Design has great slinkies, material is a little heavier than some and they last.

Jan

Latest posts

Back