to clip or not to clip

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cara

Reaction score
Hi everyone

okay China will be 20 in june right, and she doesnt take too well to cold, sometimes she shivers and sometimes she loves it, everyone well alot of people are cliping heads and necks, and im just wondering if i should do her head and neck now or later?? theres no rush, but im sick of the scruffy ickyness,
default_wacko.png
i have a hoody for her if she does get cold, but a horse thats older then china has his neck and head cliped, the weather has been 11c around there and at night around 3c she already wears a blanket and is inside at night.. so what does everyone think????

Thanks

I just trim them up this time of year. Take the long stragglies off under the chin and throat, bridle path and such. Can take the fuzzies off the feet if you want.

I prefer not to do a full shave in this unpredictable weather. (actually I never do a full body clip) but I'm not doing a bunch of breed shows or early spring shows.

If you don't need to shave her for a show - trim her up and let her shed out naturally, with a curry, brush, and elbow grease, they shed out fairly quickly, naturally, and will have a great shine. And you won't have to worry about her getting cold.

Latest posts

Back