To anyone who objects to show results --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I'm as neurotic as the next person...actually pretty much a social dolt. I've shown all of 3 times, this being our first year. My horses are first and foremost pets; two adopted out of love, one that I purchased because I fell instantly in love with him. I have no mares, so I obviously have no foals to talk about. I guess I should feel left out...

But honestly, I cannot fathom somebody feeling left out because others are proud of their accomplishments, or because others post topics related to their particular interest.

When I first discovered this forum, my main interest was learning about nutrition and general care of horses. I wasn't interested in posts on showing, driving, or reproduction, but that did not make me feel left out -- instead, it worked its way into my conscious mind and helped me discover the many things one can do with minis.

I'm very sad that some have felt so unwelcome that they chose to leave, but nobody is doing anything wrong by discussing ANY topic, so long as its fit for a family forum. Nobody can second-guess what will wound someone else's feelings, and we'd go nuts trying. The only thing we can be responsible for is doing what we know is good and right.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

I for one have shown for too many years to even count. It is hard, hard, hard work and a lot of blood, sweat, tears and money.

I have a lot of respect for our showers!

Post your results!

I also hope they find a way that we can all view Nationals again on line like last year!!!!!!

Well, personally I have noticed that the people that have gone away are the people that show..........NOT the people who don't.

But that is not the real issue. The fact still remains that this is a Forum for EVERYONE! And nobody should feel insecure about posting anything they desire within the guidelines of this Forum.

Well, it is hard to guage -- I always try to be quick to congratulate someone who has done well at a show. However, I did see those posts, and although we have done VERY well this summer, I have not posted it at all.

I also saw Mary Lou's post & she has every right to be proud of the horse she bred & the young lady who owns & shows her is to be congratulated as well. She has a lovely horse & is doing a fantastic job of presenting him. Way to go Kris!!

Ashley said:
I dont think it really offends anybody as much as feeling like they dont fit here because they dont show.
And well, when you tell them to go away.............sorry to say most of them people have already left here because the reason mentioned above.

442100[/snapback]

Well ashley again it is like anything in life you can choose to look for differences to not fit in or look for things that make you the same (not meaning you saying you in general)

someone could say wow i dont breed color and lots on the fourm do i dont fit in, or i dont breed period i dont fit in, or i dont go to nursing homes i dont fit in - i dont drive so i dont fit in..

there is always going to be things others do and you (we) dont that is the reality of life

I myself have felt like I didnt fit in in many different aspects of my life but I have to take responsiblity for feeling that way for whatever reason and take responsibilty for deciding not to and looking for things that are the same

Sussane, I guess I missed the comments about posting winnings as did others or just read something differently into what was said. Personally I like to hear about the placements at shows. Rigt now I would love to hear about placements at the Montana shows. I think anyone who wants to post their winnings, should, and I do see those who are. If anything gets tiring for some readers it is the same person posting over and over about the same win at one time or another, but like what is said below, I do agree that each individual should be able to post anything they desire, as long as it is within the rules of this Forum. I too think that it isn't that people don't want to hear of the placements at shows, I just think maybe that is not all they want to hear about. Since there is a wide variance of what people do with their horses on this forum, tolerance does need to be applied so everyone has a chance to post their particular interest. JMHO Mary

Vertical Limit Minis said:
.  The fact still remains that this is a Forum for EVERYONE!  And nobody should feel insecure about posting anything they desire within the guidelines of this Forum.

442140[/snapback]

and I understand that Lisa. Just saying I know of several people that have left LB. I see lots of posts of all different kinds, fact is alot of times if they are not show related they get very little if not any replys. So I can see why some would wouldnt wanna be here when they dont get any replys to stuff they put up. yet the show posts seem to always hang around.

Me personally dont care either way. Im not around this board much anymore for several different reasons. When I am here I do read alot but hardly ever post anymore.

I OBJECT
biggrin.gif
to people thinking they cant post show results
wink.gif
actually there are several I look forward too and I love hearing how the youth are doing....of course there are a few that need to save a ribbon or two for other people (ahem Erica
wink.gif
)
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(joking for those who don't know me)

I really hope that my posts weren't contibutors to this.......I have a lousy way of getting across what I mean......you ought to try talking to me in person
wacko.gif
wacko.gif

I really enjoy seeing the show results. I don't feel very comfortable posting ours but that is a personal thing and has nothing to do with the forum. If you don't like seeing the results just don't read that thread. Maryann

I think it is just in the nature of some people(some more than others) to find something to be 'left out of'. Like, oh gee, this society or that club won't let me in...I feel so unwanted, etc, etc.

Personally, I LOVE seeing show results--and PICTURES--, foals, horses, nutrition discussions, etc. I am not showing breed shows right now, nor do I have foals, and I don't have any problems with my feeding program...but its still there--and sometimes I will go look-a-see and enjoy!

I'm always so thrilled about Appy doing so well that I just HAVE to share the news with people who will understand! I've never gotten a single negative PM from anyone....

I don't think anyone was criticizing anyone for posting show results (if you're talking about the thread I'm thinking of). What I got out of that thread is that people who don't show feel like sometimes their opinions/comments don't matter (at least that's what I said). I don't remember anyone saying they didn't want to see show results. I enjoy seeing show results (especially from the youth) and I love to see show pics. Everyone has a right to be proud of their accomplishments. I have seen people posting results, don't know if it's less than usual, as I've only been here about a year and haven't been on the forum much the past couple months due to just being plain old too busy. So I guess I'm confused with this post, but that's nothing new..
laugh.gif

Hi

I was reading the post the other day where Marylou commented on the fact she could not post about her horse that had some recent show winnings...........and I thought..........what? Did I miss? I had to PM a forum member to find out what they were talking about.

I for one find it hard to even get to show these days, expensive to boot and when my horse places or WINS, I want to shout it out too! Many of the forum members here have been here for the birth announcements of the foals that are showing today. We have helped each other through all times, good and bad.

I would have been hurt too if we would not be able to post about them.

Especially since Majestic is showing this weekend at Eastern Regionals
smile.gif

Beth

Ashley said:
...  I see lots of posts of all different kinds, fact is alot of times if they are not show related they get very little if not any replys.  So I can see why some would wouldnt wanna be here when they dont get any replys to stuff they put up. yet the show posts seem to always hang around.
442300[/snapback]

But think about it for a while... what does it take to make an appropriate reply to a show results thread???

Simply "Congratulations"

However, a lof of other threads are asking questions or require more indepth answers. Not everyone knows what to say to those threads. If they don't know the answer, or have no experience to contribute, that may be why those threads have less activity than ones where all that is expected is "Good Job".

I don't show but certainly am proud of all of you that do and certainly love to hear about the results...What would be the use of breeding these little darlings if it wasn't for all the hard work that you that show do...I love the show posts..please don't let these others bother you..I'm sure they are in the minority..

Even though I don't show anymore I still like seeing the accomplishments of others and just how proud they are getting a blue OR ANY colored ribbon in the show ring...I still go to shows and watch and sometimes even judge along with the judge or judges..And seeing the pictures on here of the results is also nice to see and to also see just how happy you all are when getting ribbons and trophies at shows
biggrin.gif
aktion033.gif
Keep up the good work and keep the posts and pictures coming
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I dont show,...either,......
sad.gif

*guess it has somthing to do with not having a horse,...and Fred,..(although,..He is cute),......just doesent qualify as show material*
biggrin.gif

BUT,...

I am going to have a horse again someday,..if I have to die trying,.....and how am I going to learn anything,..If I cant read about showing and winning and stuff on here.

Personally,...I love hearing about your winnings and seeing the pics,..because,..like I said,..It is a big LEARNING experience,..sooo,.if EVERYONE stopped posting about it,..no one would be able to learn!!!

unsure.gif

Keep posting,....I am only too happy to write,...CONGRATS!!!! as I am sure that someday,..when my dream finally happens,..I will be the one who is posting about my entries too!!!!!!
yes.gif

I agree!!!I know i love showing pics of wee man even if no one answers I just like to put him put there cuz I love him so much!!hehe but I trhink its great to share our results because i know the feeliong of posting stuff your proud of!!I have it planned once i place wel;l I am putting a post up lol!!i have to pplace well i have 6 shows left (knock on wood)

Latest posts

Back