To anyone who objects to show results --

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I should get involved in this thread BUT!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with the post BUT also think that it is silly to stop posting because a couple of people think you were bragging when you did.

You can't please all the people all the time.

This is a forum for people with ONE common interest mini horses. I am sure we will all have different opinions and it is OK to have opinions so you can post them BUT I don't think another person should allow someone elses opinion dictate their behaviour.

I think we should learn to "Live and let live".

I don't read posts that don't interest me, that is pretty simple to do!!!!

I am a big believer in being respectful of others opinions, I don't have to agree.

Maybe I should MMOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

It is a stinker here too & I am crabby!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

I agree with the post BUT also think that it is silly to stop posting because a couple of people think you were bragging when you did.
Very true, and in a perfect world this is what would happen, but once I hear several people feeling this way, I know there are many others who don't speak up, but simply choose not to post. I guess it's the mother bear in me -- when I see an injustice, I can't keep quiet!

I'll also say that no one should feel less important because they choose not to show. There are many reasons, and it is their choice. Neither preference should be squelched.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

As being one of those on the other end of the stupid emails and snide remarks...I Thank You for saying it like it is ......especially for the new people who are just starting to show.

We all CHOOSE what we want to do with our horses.....and until someone else is paying my bills around here its still my choice. No one is telling their results to make fun of anyone not showing....we tell them because we are so happy and want to share our joy with other horse people...

I plan to keep telling if I have something to tell..lol...and I surly appreciate any and all kind remarks.......

For heavens SAKE!!!! Most of the braggers say just that -"Got to BRAG!!" Well, you don't want to read about it DON'T OPEN THE THREAD. It's NOT rocket science- just don't read it. If I have time I always take a look, especially if there are pictures, because, that way I get to see what is winning at all levels, not just who came Multi Supreme Champion of the World (though if you did I would want to know!!! ) So PLEASE keep on posting, especially the Youth, especially in performance so we can see a few not pristine and perfect horses that have got some serious ribbons- it can only encourage. Mary Lou- where are your results????

Last edited by a moderator:
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking, Susanne!! Way to go and Thank you for posting!!

People all do differnt things with there minis, whether it be breeding, showing, visiting old age homes etc. And right now, is SHOW SEASON so obviosly there will be plenty of posts about shows and such. This is exactly what it is like during Foaling season...lots of posts about foals being born... is someone going to complain about that!!?? Breeding AND showing is part of the mini breed and promoting it and keeping it alive... Showing is fun and a time to visit and socialize with other mini people... if we come home with great results, then we are happy...who wouldnt be!? If you people who feel you dont

"fit in" because you dont show...well I dont do old age homes or breeding...so should I feel that I dont fit in...uhh NO! That's ridiculous if we arent allowed to share about our shows but YOU complaining, non-show'ers are allowed to post about anything you want and what you do... and showing is what we do with OUR minis.

I personally LOVE to read show results and what people are doing with there minis for enjoyment... if you don't like to read about show results then dont open or read the post!! Simple as that!!

people...GET A LIFE!!

-Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Post away! I to love seeing how everyone is doing and its fun to look at the pictures. As soon as show season is over then its on to the next thing. If someone doesnt want to see it dont look. I chose to look at what a look at, so can the next person.

Amen!

I personally don't like reading the endless mare stare or new foal posts. So guess what......I don't read them! Keep on scrollin'

What a concept....would work wonders in movies, television, video games, books...if you find it offensive or obnoxious or irritating, move on!

those people who dont like it can just move on!! this is a minaiture horse forum, to share what we do for them, for the people who dont like see those post, I dont beleive you own this forum, if you dont like it, just skip over it, its not that hard, people who show, show and tell us about it, there's nothing wrong with it, people who breed, breed and tell us about it, there's nothing wrong with it, that what this this forum is for, to tell each other about are minis!

for the people who dont like it, get over it, that is what they do, and and there's nothing you can do about it and showers dont harrass you so dont harass(SP) them!! GOT IT! if you dont, dont come to this forum, cause THATS what it is made for!

-Gage-

Littleum said:
Amen!
I personally don't like reading the endless mare stare or new foal posts. So guess what......I don't read them! Keep on scrollin'

What a concept....would work wonders in movies, television, video games, books...if you find it offensive or obnoxious or irritating, move on!

441803[/snapback]

Same here and yep that is the best solution
yes.gif

Susanne gotta love ya!
cheekkiss.gif

Hey lookie one appropriate just for bragging.
firstprize.gif

Showing takes a lot of time money and dedication and if you win toot that horn!
aktion033.gif

I agree 100% with Suzanne!
yes.gif
This Forum is not just for "problems"....It should be a place for anything having to do with Miniatures. Everyone should be able to post ANY of their Miniature's accomplishments....whether it be shows, parades, nursing home/shool visits, tricks, new foals....whatever we are proud of!
aktion033.gif
Posting show results is no different than any of these, IMHO.

And those who are "tired" of reading about show results....don't have to read them....simple as that.
rolleyes.gif

Oh my goodness! Susanne, I agree with you and we both know that doesn't happen often!!!
remybussi.gif

I love to hear how others did at their shows and especially love to see what their horses looked like at the shows. I love being able to tell (brag if you will!) about how my horses do at shows.

Those of you who resent it, you can kiss my horses' butts for all I care. Hey, they might even still be clean from the show.

Good for susanne for posting her comments l had PM'd a few people for show results on here not long ago that l thought would get posted from them but didn't and came away with the impression they were almost afraid to post in public which is really sad if you take the time to think about it. lf you show it requires lots of time and work with the reward of a ribbon or good placing and... sometimes that also means only a well behaved and well trained horse to go home with at the end of the day that didn't get a ribbon or good placing. Not really so bad l would think your gonna be a winner one way or the other.

Yes, Susanne, you are RIGHT it is not a prefect world and I guess what I said is sometimes easier said than done!!!!

I think the MOST wonderful thing about this post is all the OPINIONS, along with the knowlegde and info that can be gained from it and lets REMEMBER 'variety is the spice of life'.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Years ago when Lee was showing several classes back to back (doing well also) I just tucked the ribbons in my pants waist as things were sort of hectic. Well this person made the comment to several people that I was wearing the ribbons just to brag & he even told Lee that I was bragging.... So what is it called when he talks about his wife winning... .............................. Anyway I just posted some of Lee's Congress results on the pony forum. Yes I am proud of Lee & see nothing wrong with putting him in the spot light even if only for a short while...Lee & I have been showing & breeding since 86 & have done everything ourselves. We've had our share of ups & downs, heartaches & been taken along the way but continued on, always trying to help others when we could............................... I think when ML has had enough bragging she can stop it if she wishes.

I guess I have missed the negative posts.. can't imagine why anyone would object to things that people have worked hard to achieve??

I am for celebrating any and all 'victories' no matter how trivial no matter how momentous!!! whether it be "My horse won this"... or "I clipped my horse for the first time"... or "here is our first foal"... or "here is my first mini" or whatever!!

Life, horses, friends, forums, are to be CELEBRATED!! we are here to be supportive!

Bring on the victories! however or whatever you personally determine them to be.

JJay

PS congratulations to everyone!

I think posting show results is great- just a chance to brag a bit and also see what is placing in the world out there. If someone is sick of reading show results, well, the answer is simple. Dont read it!!!

I agree that the show ring is an important thing to know about if you are a breeder even if you personally dont like to show.

I think anyone can look for something to seperate and make them feel "vicitmized" if that is there personality and I dont see at all how showing and being proud of your horses and your results= others who choose not to feeling less then

but bottom line when ML feels like she cant post on HER OWN Fourm for fear it will start a whole big thing about making others feeling left out well it is just WRONG

you are only left out if you choose to see it that way and yes all of us opt to see things that way in our lives once in a while the key is to realize it is coming from yourself and move on.

I dont think it really offends anybody as much as feeling like they dont fit here because they dont show.

And well, when you tell them to go away.............sorry to say most of them people have already left here because the reason mentioned above.

Latest posts

Back