Tiny driving mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgranch

Reaction score
I have a 30" mare who I tried for several years to breed with no luck so since she is my best friend I decided OK no more of that we will just show. She is doing great in hand and jumping so I put her in cart!! She loves it!! I am amazed she just took to it and acts like a pro after only a few drives. I know 30" isn't too small as I have a 30" gelding who drives like a demon but Lily has tiny deer legs and I worry because she is so ultra tiny boned. I am normal sized but I do feel like she struggles to pull my wooded EZ cart. So, a couple of questions. Does anyone drive a really refined little mini?? Also, is there a super light weight cart I can get her?? Should I wrap her legs?? OK, thats three question!! Any advise or help would be so appreciated!! I really want her to be my all around horse!!

It might help some if you could / wanted to post pictures of her.

Another thing, if you have another person who could help you, if you had them sit in the cart and you pull it. It will help give you an idea of how heavy it is to pull. When I did this with my husband years ago, I was surprised how easily I could pull him around
default_biggrin.png

Good luck and I think it's neat your finding new ways to enjoy her.

"Boinky" from the Forum here, makes sawesome, light, well-balanced wooden carts. I have three of them, and love-love-love them! I bet even the large one I just bought this spring, for my "B-boy" does not weigh more than 50 pounds. From my experience, most Easy-entry type carts ARE much heavier and cumbersome.

My little mare hauls my butt around with her "Made by Boinky" convertable cart; even beating the larger horses in many of the driving classes, including roadster, so I don't feel she has too much problem with it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back