Time for some fun during this dreary winter..or advice!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnickers

Reaction score
Items you always have in your barn jacket pockets!!

Thought this could be fun to share. Non horsey people may think we are a little crazy
default_smile.png

Hoofpick

scissors

baing twine

mini flashlight

screws

electrical tape

Wire Clippers

Hoof Pick

Treats (sometimes ;))

Twine string (always handy! ;))

Wire

Seringes, tips or caps, may be from meds, vaccines, wormer, irrigating or cleaning a wound, but whatever the reason, i always regret having them if one falls out in public.

Hay, running low on hay, I swear there is a bale or two hidden in my jacket, i'm always finding pieces

Twine

Treats

Screws, lots of screws from barn projects, can't find screws for a project, everyone knows to search my barn jackets

Rubber gloves

Spare snap clips

All the time, a pocket knife. Otherwise, you'll find an assortment at different times; baling twine, hay (of course), treats, rubber gloves, syringes, light winter gloves, screwdriver...

I don't have a barn jacket, but several sets of coveralls I always wear when with the horses. In one pocket is always animal crackers(treats for horses, chickens,& bunny), one pocket has dog biscuts to shut up the neighbors dogs, another pocket has my cigs & lighter, and in the winter other pockets have a small spray bottle of alcohol to unfreeze latches and gloves. Most everything else I would need is handy in the stalls already.

Kleenex in one, but hay in all.... I ALWAYS have bits of hay and alfalfa in my pockets!

Occasionally tooth caps I find, sometimes a pretty rock. My pocket knife is always in my jeans pocket. Sometimes syinge caps and dewormer caps.

Kleenex in one, but hay in all.... I ALWAYS have bits of hay and alfalfa in my pockets!

Occasionally tooth caps I find, sometimes a pretty rock. My pocket knife is always in my jeans pocket. Sometimes syinge caps and dewormer caps.
Tooth caps, ahh, yes, that is always an odd one to explain, isn't it?! LOL

My iPhone, of course
default_smile.png
. Treats, for both goats and horses, sometimes some crackers for me, and as field of dreams said LOTS of alfalfa. Sometimes I go to school with random alfalfa in my hair lol

Last edited by a moderator:
In my barn jacket besides treats....

shavings & hay!!!!!!

Yes, how could I forget treats and hay!! Now, the tooth caps......that's a good one
default_wink.png
And finding one at your work........very interesting.

Work Gloves , Alfa , tissues , hoofpick and yes lots of hay / woodshavings

Besides my pockets being unintentionally full of hay I carry mini cubes for treats. I also have my car keys so I can hit the emergency button to make the horn go off just in case I get injured or become a criminal's target while my husband is inside the house.

Paper towel, tissues, work gloves, a little hay, bailing twine, sometimes chunks of sweet potato for the horses and sometimes dog treats......oh and some days my phone if I am waiting for a call and I am out in the barn!!
default_yes.gif

Well the lining in my barn coat pockets tore so it is more what is in the lining of my coat.... LOL
Banamine paste

Eye ointment

Horse treats

Batteries for the camera

a tube of dewormer

a couple of extra gloves

twine

and of course lots of hay!

Hay, hay and more hay..... I obviously need to start carting some baling twine with me so I can bundle all the HAY that's in my pockets. Bet I'd have a full bale by weeks end. LOL

Latest posts

Back