Time for a vacation, but I won't be rude

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankie, I am sorry that you are going to take a "vacation" for awhile and are feeling the way you are. I am not saying you are not justified in feeling the way you are I am dismayed that you would receive such p.m. and private emails of this nature. I don't understand why someone would go out of their way to "injure" someones feelings this way. This is not the "lilbeginnings" I know and love. To those of you who have sent "Frankie" these kinds of communications please ask yourselves if you would appreciate receiving these kinds of emails. Put yourself in her shoes before hitting the send button when you do such things. Many of us are of a more sensitive nature, not all of us are thicker skinned and sometimes your well intentions do not have the effect you thought they would, see what the result has been here? Everyone has a place in this forum and they should not feel like they have to defend themselves or "take a vacation".

I love this forum, without it I would have thrown in the towel a few weeks ago when I lost our one and only foal to be. It is because of all the caring individuals here that I picked myself up, dusted myself off.... did alot of thinking. It is with the sharing of others experiences that gave me the renewed strenght. Nobody was judgemental at my situation, you all shared your thoughts, your experiences and that is priceless information that those who are eiher new to breeding, or new to horses in general ect.

Frankie, I hope you will come back real soon, as many will miss you. Please remember that there are many more of us here that would never do such a thing and perhaps those that did what they did certainly never did it with the intention that it seems to have had.

Stay Frankie, everyone has something to contribute to this "mini family" even those that we don't see eye to eye with or who don't realize sometimes that what they are saying is hurtful to some because of our "nature".

HUGS to you!
yes.gif

Carolyn - I've enjoyed reading your posts and many others. Some people just have a lot to say, and want to share the "horsey" things that are happening in their lives. Some people don't always have a lot to say.......I'm not a big "talker", but a really good listener!

And I've got to agree with a number of statements others have made like Russ and Lauralee's post

And I too am sick of hearing the constant brags about the show wins post after post after post crammed down people's throats, no matter what the topic. Gosh, let the horses merits speak for themselves. Enough already.
While I am at it, there are also some members here that take JABS at other members, making untrue and underhanded remarks about the way they take care of their horses.
So take a vacation and then make sure you COME BACK!

Sorry your leaving we've been on the rude receiving PM end from some people on this forum also but it's a free country as far as l know and everyone is entitled to their opinion on most everything that comes up. l don't see who the someone is that is cramming show results all the time down everyones throats l sure never intend to mention results in the future seeing as it's something not well taken on here. lf you show and are very much into that end it tends to become very important in your life and they shouldn't also be called down they always have something you can learn from to. l really don't know what any of this thread is about but l have noticed first hand on here that sometimes a lot of interesting things are shoved to the bottom of the page while a soap can drag on for days. Almost reminds me of high school on here sometimes. Everyone has minis and thats the common link on this forum. Miniatures and where you live in the world is another thing to keep in mind what works in one part of the country might not in another part. But why get upset and bothered over that. l am sorry about spell check also and have been emailed about that.. but really.. take a gander at the lastest posts and the spelling is just fine and readable. Funny huh..we've never found a right or a wrong from any one person for raising the horses and what works for the next farm a lot of times doesn't do us much good. l love honesty in all things without the sugar coating some use l never have seen how else l would have learned about miniatures if everything l asked was cute or fine for an answer. Thankyou l just shaved the last of the 4 horses for the weekend show and had a break and wrote a book. Have a nice day and come to terms with yourself soon. Looks like you are valued here. And remember as you go through life concerning people if we all thought alike we would die a lot sooner from boredom.

I have been really busy this summer and spring and have not been able to keep up with the forum and all, but I do think of you as a very valuable source of information from some of your posts. I hope if you are just taking a break, even just reading the forum that you will post if you find a topic that you can help with. There are many new folks wanting to learn and there is so much knowledge from the forum family. Lavonne

Frankie, you will be missed. Like several other folks on here, I actively look for posts started by you because they are always worth reading and enjoyable. I have learned bunches from you. I was excited that my painful experience with Spyder's choke could perhaps be of some use to someone when Prints choked. It felt like a chance to give something back, at last.
yes.gif
I understand where you are coming from with stepping back from the forum. You made it clear you aren't leaving as a boycott or because you are hurt, but because you can't stay around right now without saying something you'll regret. Now THERE is maturity!
new_shocked.gif
My hat is off to you.

Those PM's and emails shame the folk who wrote them. People who strike out like that do so because they feel the need to prove their superiority. They do it because THEY are insecure and it makes them feel better to put you down. I pity people like that, or at least I try to (around seeing red and wanting to strangle them!)
rolleyes.gif
Not saying you should forgive them or let it roll off your back or any of that, it was unforgivably rude of them to butt into your business. What should a person care how you have priced your animals unless they're trying to talk you down because they want it? Grr. Anyway....

This forum has room for all types. One of the things I love about it is that there are show posts, breeding posts, pet-owner posts, anything and everything is represented. Yes, there are cliques. There are going to be in a group this size! People pair off by interest. But the nice thing is unlike in a physical meeting, people can pick and choose what they want to "hear." If you aren't interested in showing, don't read! LOL. I think, by the way, that people aren't complaining so much about show experiences and results being posted as they are about the individuals who feel it necessary to respond to every thread on ANY subject with their opinion and then the words "And I win doing it my way, so I'm right! ...insert list of credentials here..." That does get pretty annoying.

I'll stop now as I'm sure there are plenty of folk who resent how long my posts always are. Thankfully, and POLITELY, those folks have said nothing to me about it.
laugh.gif
Frankie- we love you. Keep us up to date on Prints (drama and all!) and I hope you will at least PM me if you are so moved to on any of my threads. Thank you for being you.

Leia

Lauralee said:
While I am at it, there are also some members here that take JABS at other members, making untrue and underhanded remarks about the way they take care of their horses.  One person in particular needs to take a long hard look at the glass house that they are living inside!
427630[/snapback]

Amen Lauralee!! They know who they are and they should be ashamed....
nono.gif
...but it just goes to show you that when someone goes out of their way to try to discredit you or hurt you, they must just be some kind of jealous of your accomplishments. That's the way to see it. Of course there are some out there that are just plain mean.....and there's no way to really change that (unfortunately) people are who they are and if they're mean to the bone, then there's not much you can do - least of all worry about it.

We'll miss your posts, but I totally understand the need to take a break. I've done it myself a time or two. Sometimes the BS meter gets wound too tight and it's time to back off and let the BS factor dissipate a bit. Hurry back, you will be missed!!!

((((HUGS)))) my dear lady. I will never forget you going to bat for Ringo. Please don't stay away too long.

Latest posts

Back