Time for a vacation, but I won't be rude

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have been here just 7 months, and I definately have stayed because of what I learn here. I too have seen "attacks" on others, but for the most part people here are good. As for posts on health problems or Prints....that is how I learn without experiencing. To not share these things, it takes away the learning experience. I am so sorry that other's are too smart to learn from us all. Why send a negative e mail, because they knew it was a personal attack and it was mean. They didn't want us to see it. Well, I wish you well Carolyn and will miss hearing about Print. I think most of the forum grew to love that little girl. Thank your for the information you have shared.

Carolyn,

I'm sorry that the negative parts of here are currently outweighing the good parts of here for you. There have been times when I've been upset by something someone has said but it makes me feel sad that enough of that's happened to where you don't want to be "here" for awhile. From what I've seen, you bring more than the average share of insight and knowledge...

Besides, if they thought your "choke thread" was dramatic, how about mine last year... requesting prayers becuase I thought my one in a zillion Lou Lou was dying before my eyes. Posted for prayers and within 45 minutes, right timed with the vet's arrival, she was fine. I think she maybe choked on a leaf (?), but I honest to God thought she would die. I realize now that choke is serious, but that she was experiencing choke didn't cross my mind until I read the opinions of others here who got it straight off. I thought she'd been poisoned, had rabies, or EPM.
wacko.gif

I hope you come back soon,

Jill

Last edited by a moderator:
I "banned" myself once or twice
wacko.gif
LOL I could only stand it for a day or so
risa_suelos.gif

I understand how you feel. For one thing - it is EXTREMELY rude for anyone to privately e-mail you and say mean things... whoever did that needs to GET A LIFE !

Please don't stay away too long
wink.gif

I'm sure (and understand why) that Mary Lou wouldn't want to make this kind of a section to the board, but if there were a place to cut and paste the rude people's messages, that might cut down on people feeling like it's okay to be an butt in private because no one will really know what jerks they are.

Then, of course, I guess if you didn't like someone you could type whatever you wanted and say it was from them...

Maybe I am selfish, but I care way more what I think (about myself, my statements, my choices, etc.) than what anyone else thinks about those things.

Carolyn

I'm sure you know the old saying about opinions (especially other peoples) ................................
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Carolyn,

I will hate to see you leave the forum even for a little while. I enjoy and value your posts and responses. It's hard sometimes not to take some of these things personally and especially when you get personal emails about them but sometimes you just have to shrug it off. I hope that you will reconsider but I do understand the need to take care of you for awhile as well.

Hugs,

Carolyn,

I'm mainly just a lurker, and I don't tend to get truly involved because I'm just a youth, but when I heard that you were takeing a "vacation", it made me...well... sad. You are an WONDERFUL asset to this fourm! I love to read your posts because you're so positive, and you are one of the *many* people here on the fourm that make it such a wonderful place to learn and laugh! I don't understand why people have to be so mean.
no.gif
But you are being the better person, although I think the wrong person is leaving. If people are going to be hurtful and rude, then they have no buisness being here. The fourm should be an escape from the crule and unfair things in life. A haven, I suppose. When I read posts like these, I get so frusterated. No one should deny another person the right of persuing something that they enjoy (such as reading and posting on the fourm) by making them feel infereur.

I hope you come back soon Carolyn!
smile.gif
I guess sometimes you just have to take a break from some stuff... but hopefully you don't leave us for to long!

We'll be waiting!
yes.gif

laugh.gif
Smile!
laugh.gif

Erin

Carolyn,

Am so sorry that people sent you rude emails. I think many of us here are very opinionated, myself included, but it is very hard to make an email come across in the true manner of what we intend sometimes. You cannot tell tone of voice, body language and things get misinterpreted in the writing.

I hope you will come back, when you are ready - I completely understand where you are coming from and the frustration involved. Try not to let a few others ruin your fun however!!

Hope to see you soon.

Laurie

[SIZE=14pt]Carolyn sorry you need to take a break. I think that these e mails and pms that are hateful are UNCALLED FOR! I have been the recipient of some myself and vented here about that too. I can be out spoken when people ask for critiques and when the kids dont seem to want to listen.... Im sorry for offending some myself and have privately appologized but this forum is my lifeline to the outside world. I cant go anywhere so I come here. Hope you get back soon.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Carolyn if it were me I'd cut and paste those nasty emails as new posts with the heading "Butt Head of the day award goes to........................" better post it to the back porch tho.

Don't go stay and FIGHT!

ALL opinions and posts are what make this forum GREAT!

Carolyn,

Your contributions to this forum have been valuable. I hope you will come back soon, but I understand EXACTLY why you feel the way you do!

It really bothers me when ANYONE discourages amateurs and youth from showing WHATEVER horse they own. People, if you keep running away the ammys and youth then you'll be showing your national champions in a class ALL BY YOURSELF, literally. And wasn't this about fun and learning anyway????

And I too am sick of hearing the constant brags about the show wins post after post after post crammed down people's throats, no matter what the topic. Gosh, let the horses merits speak for themselves. Enough already.

While I am at it, there are also some members here that take JABS at other members, making untrue and underhanded remarks about the way they take care of their horses. One person in particular needs to take a long hard look at the glass house that they are living inside!

Well said Lauralee!!!

I will miss you to, i've read some of your posts and i will miss them. Sorry that some people are the ways they are. I know allll about it. Beleive me!

Hope your vacation helps!

Leeana

Well said Lauralee! I've noticed a few of the same things too. Irronically they come to the forum with one story and magically the salesboard shows another(EDITED TO ADD, Not ALL people... just a very few that seem to repeat the pattern over).
rolleyes.gif
Live and learn, I say.....this farm boy has sit back and learned alot lately by just reading.
wink.gif
I'm getting real good at weeding out the genuine true blue decent people in life from the few who always have that fishy feeling or is that stink on a monkey my gut says bad bad news feeling.
laugh.gif

Carolyn, I was just thinking about you today even before I read this post. Ya know why? I saw a black nightshade plant growing along the barn. It is because of you.....that I, a farmer who has known the weed to be a pest in the fields for years but you taught us on the forum how deadly poisonous they are to horses when ingested. I am glad you were here to share your experience, how else would we learn?We all are a piece of knowledge in the grand scheme of a puzzle, thanks to those like you who are willing to share. You opened your heart in a terribly stressful time and educated many with your findings.....be it medical....physical...the whole thing. That is something you can't buy in a text book form. I thank you for that and so much more.

As for the junk anyone has put you through....in email or otherwise. Blow it off, not worth it......there are some people in this world I am convinced that could make God or even Satan cry. They just are mean spirited! Don't let them run you off.......we all take breaks and I certainly understand.....but,,,,if you enjoy the forum and most of the people......don't let a few take it away from you.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I know how you feel Carolyn. I take things way to hard myself. My husband always tells me "just let it go!" but I can't and I end up dwelling on things, but I'm trying not too! LOL

I agree, some people put others down or PM them saying something about their horses. What business is it of theirs?! They need to keep it to themselves. I would never do that to someone, but for some reason I guess some people think they need to tell others whats wrong with their horses or if their priced to high, ect.

I also agree that some threads tend to get alot of attention and others barely get any replies. I try to reply to the ones that don't have a lot of replies first. I don't always read all the threads either though.

But don't let the "bad" people take you away from the forum. I was away for awhile myself but I'm back now.

SO... PLEASE STAY OK?!!!
smile.gif

Well sorry you feel the need to leave. I have gotten emails saying i was a horrible parent and should have my kids taken away cause i didnt follow there life style or beliefs to some moron saying i had that munchausen sickness when i had a bad year with some losses I dont worry about it. I just wonder hmm am I that much of a threat to them that they spend that much time thinking about me and my life and how i raise my kids or what religion i am... l but hey an outspoken woman who is independent and honest well i gotta expect that once in a while lol
wacko.gif
rolleyes.gif

Alot of times the best thing about this fourm is all the different ideas and opinions - always makes me think even if i dont agree. Seems like these days it is a no win situation, dont post new foals, dont post show results, dont talk about pet horses sigh..

this is such a small portion of the world population and when we cant even agree to disagree here and move on and find peace and let others do what they will we dont have to take there issues so serious or take them on as our own.. is it any wonder the rest of the world cant find peace and do the same..

ok totally off topic i abit there i am hot and tired and a wee bit cranky i am going to Dairy Queen to get a blizzard then I will be all better
biggrin.gif

anyway glad you will still be reading and kinda around

Last edited:
Lisa-Ruff N Tuff Minis said:
i am going to Dairy Queen to get a blizzard then I will be all better
biggrin.gif

427741[/snapback]

Ok Lisa,,,, I'll have a brownie blizzard, snickers blizzard, butterfingers blizzard and will top it off with a peanut buster parfait.
ohmy.gif

Can you run that over to Iowa tonight?
biggrin.gif

Carolyn, I hope you enjoy your "vacation", I will miss your posts but I understand that you need a break, and it was nice of you to let us know so we wouldn't worry about you. I hope you will be back soon, and in a frame of mind to deal with those nosy rude busybodies.
Carolyn, I totally agree with Magic's post!

P.S. Marty, that was very sweet of you to say and I appreciate it.

We are a group that is passionate about their horses and expresses it well. We on the forum are like a family, sometimes we bicker, sometimes some family members act like know-it-alls, some are loud, some are touchy.

I hope that I am not one that has driven you from the board, if I am, I am sorry. Come back soon!

As a fairly new member I don't post often, but I totally agreed with your post that said we should try to be kinder. A couple days after you posted that thread I noticed a marked difference in peoples critique comments. My first thought was "my gosh, what Carolyn said got through to somebody".

I, for one, don't think we should have to "just let it go" or "let it roll off our backs". We shouldn't have to accept such immature/disrespectful treatment from others. If we run into someone like that in person, we stay away from them; so I totally understand you feeling you need to take a break.

BUT I will also miss you. I guess your posts about your beautiful Prints are what attracted me to you. And I actually began to look for the posts you started because I'm interested in what you have to say. I'm sure all of us will miss hearing about Prints, but I'll also miss hearing about you.

Take good care and come back as soon as you're able. Some of us truely do care.

And if you mean spirited folks are reading this . . . . . Shame On You!!!!!

Latest posts

Back