Quantcast

Those wanting to do their own Fecal Egg Counts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Michelle@wescofarms

Reaction score
That is really interesting - not that I would likely do it but interesting! I thought the herbal dewormer was really good information too. Thanks for sharing!

whitney

Reaction score
Reign thats what I thought too.

With 5 horses that should be tested before and 2 weeks after each worming it looks like the microscope would pay for itself fairly quickly, not to mention I would know exactly what types of worms were showing up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reignmaker Miniatures

Reaction score
I'm up to 14 counting this years foals and having counts done on all of them is not going to be inexpensive thats for sure. I have been just worming on a regular rotation and they all look good but I have been thinking I'd like to know for sure that my program is working and the egg count is the only way to know for sure. Also occasionally I bring in a new horse and it would certainly be nice to see what their status was. I may just look into a microscope in the next little while and give it a try. I printed the directions so I can find them when I need to.

Lori

whitney

Reaction score
I just learned that you can also identify Giardia and coccidia in samples.

I know what my birthday present to myself will be this year.

This is REALLY interesting, I LOVED science lab in high school.

I wonder if I found something I couldn't identify if I could take a picture of it with my camera through the lens of the microscope?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts