Those that live in Southern Missouri

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River Wood

Reaction score
For those of you that live in Southern Missouri, I'm curious to know what your climate is (all year) Your coldest days, warmest, how humid it is there, how much snow fall etc.

Thanks.
default_smile.png

go to www.city-data.com and plug in the city or town you want more info on. It has every statistic you can imagine.

Mary

Hi Connie

I see your not getting much of a response here so maybe I can help........I do live in Minnesota...but the first 27 years of my life I was a born bred Southern Missourian......
default_biggrin.png
As far as weather..this year the weather has been bad all my family still live down there so I'm updated regularly. Summers can be very hot and humid....we had heat indexs like they have windchills up here..spring does come much sooner and that is one thing I miss...but I don't miss poisiness snakes...poisonesss spiders...and sometimes scorpions
default_new_shocked.gif
All that aside Missouri is a beautiful state...I would say ice is more common than snow and if you get snow it usually doesn't last long...I will say the tornados have been playing havoc down there ...really bad this year!!! So there's good and bad no matter where you go....but if I was looking for longer warmer summers Missouri is where I would go......Carrie

Thanks for the info guys!
default_smile.png

poisiness snakes...poisonesss spiders...and sometimes scorpions
default_new_shocked.gif
ohhh don't like the sound of that!

I am sick of the Minnesota winter altho I have lived her all of my life, have never liked the cold. I wouldn't like the extreme humidity either tho. Hmmmm
default_rolleyes.gif

Hi. Hope you don't mind for me to be dropping i.

I lived in Southern Missouri area (Lake of the Ozarks area) LOVED it. Beautiful!

Never saw much for snakes or poisonous spiders where I lived, and never saw a scorpion. But they do exist in some areas.

I now live in Northern Arkansas near the border of Missouri bootheel. The winters are milder than the area of Mo. that I lived. I deal with copperheads a lot (but they aren't an agressive snake, they tend to be shy), I see cotton mouths around water, they are more agressive, but you usually see them in plenty of time, and I have seen 2 rattle snakes in all the 13 years I have lived here. If you kill a snake and burn it nearby, itis strange, but it really does keep snakes away. I can personally vouch for it.

Summer's temp doesn't look too bad, but the heat index can feel a bit smothering. A lot of rain during the spring and fall during the most perfect temps. Since I live near the flat rice farmlands, mosquitoes can put a halt to the joys of being outside. Last year I sprayed with deep woods off and the mosquitoes would hover me until it dried then tehy would go after me to the point of driving me indoors. This is typical for the most southern flat area of the bootheel area of Mo. as well. I am going to try spraying my clothes with amonia this year, as I have heard this will work for those pests, as I have heard it will. *Keeping my fingers crossed*

If I had my way, I'd move back to Lake of the Ozarks area again in a heartbeat. The mosquitoes were very mild, and ticks and chiggers could be kept away with diaznon and spraying down when away from your treated area. I could sit outside of the evenings with no worries.

Housing is relitively inexpensive if you get off of the lakefront. The further south you go, the lower the cost of living for the south eastern area. The southwestern area is a little higher than the eastern.

Branson is nice, especially if you like busy. It is also close enough to a lot of cities (Springfield, Branson itself, Little Rock, and I-44 is a straight shot to St. Louis, and Kansas city isn't too awefully far away either.)

I am a big fan of Missouri, the Ozark hills are georgous, and I do miss it so. I hope you find what you are looking for.

The further south you go, the worse the bugs and critters.

WHere in Mo. are you considering? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back