Those of you who are trying to loose weight....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Dynamic Duo

Reaction score
What is your exercise/meal plan? I would like to loose at lease 30-40 lbs, before next Volleyball season (August 09). Any tips/suggestions?

I currently stand at Five feet, seven and a half inches. and weigh around 170-180, aged 15

well Im not the one on a diet, my BF is.

But he stopped drinking soda, started eating 5x a day in stead of one or two big meals (breakfast/snack/lunch/snack/diner) and nothing after 7pm.

All of the meals are normal food, just in moderation.

He has lost 12 lbs in about a month.

Hope that helps

What is your exercise/meal plan? I would like to loose at lease 30-40 lbs, before next Volleyball season (August 09). Any tips/suggestions?
I currently stand at Five feet, seven and a half inches. and weigh around 170-180, aged 15
Remember if you eat the right amount and the right combo of foods you will lose faster. If you do not eat enough your weight loss will slow down, sounds crazy but true. You want to lose slow and steady. 1 1/2 to 2 lb a week are good.

I do Weight Watchers. I know several girls your age doing WW and they are doing good on it.

You will do best if you pick a way of eating that does not limit what you eat but limits the quantity of what you eat. If you have to eat the same thing over and over you will not stay on any diet long. That is one reason I like the WW program. I can eat anything I want as long as I only eat so much each day.

Read labels. Pick better choices. Fruit instead of sweet pastry, Low fat ice cream. 100 calorie snack packs are great but most people could eat several of them, then they are no different then buying a bag of chip or other snacks.

If you search on the web you will find a lot of great low cal snack ideas and meals.

As for exercise - brisk walking is great, you can do it any where. Even at the mall.

Hi Alyx

You had great suggestions on here! One thing that I did when I was in school, don't quite know what your menu is but we had lots of choices most of it was junkie foods i.e. cheese sticks, fries, pop etc.... What I did since our school offered it, I had a sub a day that's it no fries and snacks during the lunch hour. That's all I did and I reached my goal weight by the end of school. I'm not a heavy pop drinker but if you are switch to water, I've heard of people loosing lots of weight by changing that habit. Basicly it's a matter of portion control, eat what you like but in smaller portions and less frequently.

~Jessica

I lost 25 pounds and fast by quitting my Pepsi habit. The weight just fell off. I didn't moniter it or worry about it I just cut it back to one glass a day.

I didn't drop my Pepsi completely but I replaced most of it with just plain water.

I've fallen off the wagon however and started drinking too much Pepsi again so I am back to more water.

Portion control is important. No bigger then your fist size. Make sure your getting plenty of vegtables and fruit. Make sure when you eat like your meat and potato that your VEGY is the largest amount. Think of it and salad as a free food, depending of course what it is, like broccli and cauliflower, NOT CORN. READ and COUNT calories. I SUGGEST you get the Biggest Loser Recipe Book and or go on line and read their web page for insipration, idea's, help, recipes and encourgement. I don't care if you have 5 lbs to loose or 300 lbs to loose I've seen great things happen on that show. Also, same with Weight Watchers. Good luck to you. TJ

I'm certified in nutrition, so if you want some help just pm me. I can help you with planning out healthy meals

Read labels. Pick better choices. Fruit instead of sweet pastry, Low fat ice cream. 100 calorie snack packs are great but most people could eat several of them, then they are no different then buying a bag of chip or other snacks.
100 calorie snacks are usually empty calories and essentially worthless. It's more beneficial to eat a healthy granola bar at 200 calories.

I've lost almost 40 lbs. in 3 months (since October 15th) using a program called Take Shape for Life (6 portion controlled meals a day). I used to starve all day and then come home and scarf down everything in sight. The new way of eating (frequent small healthy meals) has stoked my metabolism and I feel like a new person! I am also learning to maintain my new healthy habits so I never go back to the way I was for the past 16 years. It's super simple, and if anyone tells you they tried it and it didn't work for them, that's just impossible if they read/followed the directions.

Good luck! Alyx, you are tall and if you are athletic and muscular, I bet you don't need to lose more than 20 lbs, not 30-40!! You might be surprised.
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back