This seriously bothers me...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Hope this is okay to post Mods
default_unsure.png

Just came across this video...I am speechless!
default_wacko.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbKPnNLyDfA&feature=related

I can't even imagine what would posses people to "train" a horse this way!
default_frusty.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe they would tape that.

The title should be "how NOT to cart train a horse".

Cruel and inhumane
default_no.gif

I would imagine that horse will NEVER be a cart horse.

Just sad
default_no.gif

Oh my, I held my breath all the way through it..

This sure shows us what not to do..
default_no.gif

I have heard that some people just hitch and let them run till they get tired, than say they are broke to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't seen this video before, but I've seen training similar to this done here in the states and worst. It's amazing to me what passes as training and who passes as trainers. But, I feel this kind of training & trainers are partly the owners fault. Some owners don't check into trainers and really don't know how they train. Or, some owners don't care how their horses are trained al long as it gets results. As a trainer, that always blows my mind.

SOME PEOPLE....
default_1857272.gif

Words can't describe how bad I feel for that horse, the horse is TERRIFIED.
default_no.gif

Should be titled "how to instill lifelong phobias in your horse" . Sad and so STUPID!

This isn't training, this is breaking. It's not much different than slapping a saddle on a range mustang and "bucking it out." Thank God most people don't do that anymore. It's unfortunate that the horse didn't kick them in the head or something. Probably got taken back to the stable and beaten.

I am so angry I can hardly see straight. And can you imagine the horrors that must go on at this place when the camera isn't rolling? I hope that woman gets a good kick to the head as that's what she deserves.

Oh my gosh.....I feel sick.

That horse looks like a re incarnation of my old Arab, Arch,

that passed away of old age, almost 7 years ago.

Oh my gosh....what are they doing???? And why?

That is just unbelievable and if ever a statement needed the f-bomb to truly complete the full force of the statement, put it between un and believable.

Wow that is horrible. Now I know what the miles and miles of ground training that Jim does is for. That is just disgusing. I can just feel the fear in that poor horse.

I haven't seen this video before, but I've seen training similar to this done here in the states and worst. It's amazing to me what passes as training and who passes as trainers. But, I feel this kind of training & trainers are partly the owners fault. Some owners don't check into trainers and really don't know how they train. Or, some owners don't care how their horses are trained al long as it gets results. As a trainer, that always blows my mind.
I totally agree Jason! That is just amazing with all the debris that was in the way with this horse, that he didn't get in it and really tangle (and hurt) himself up. And then to get kids involved in this is just plain wrong! I knew this was going to be a cluster when they didn't even lunge the horse properly or show any evidence of ground driving. You can not rush an under saddle or harness horse!
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back