This scares me BAD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, just stop it already. We get it. You're so afraid of big bad "Hussein Obama". Just vote in November and stop trying to strike fear in people.

Oh, poor Matt, :DOH! If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. If this bothers you so much when someone says something about YOUR precious Obama don't even read it.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

OMG!!!!!!! How could a video of children singing "scare you bad"?

I'm more scared of children about the same age with guns, or drugs, or homeless, or being abused, or hungry. But I guess those are real issues that need to be dealt with.

Maybe some of you don't have real problems in your communities. Open your eyes, I'm sure you can find something to really be scared about.

Gary

Oh, poor Matt, If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. If this bothers you so much when someone says something about YOUR precious Obama don't even read it.

Matt, it seems that a certain group here think they have carte blanche to endorse the person they want but the minute anyone, and I am not saying only Canadians but anyone, including Americans go against what they are posting than they get very defensive and attack and try and twist and turn the tables and make it out like it's always the other people starting it
default_wacko.png
. If they are hoping to get other Americans to perhaps change or decide to vote for thei candidate that they are endorsing they are going about it in the wrong way as far as I am concerned. If anything I am seeing people are now getting turned off of their tactics of posting things that they haven't checked out to be true, or by making a theatrics out of the subject. Okay, I have my armour on now, waiting for the onslaught. And before it starts I am NOT endorsing to anyone here McCain or Obama. EVERYONE on this forum have the right to post their opinion and not agree without fear of such unfounded retaliations of this kind. Okay, have at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this on the fox station. Really sad when you have to exploit young children for your own gain.
Ummm... Obama was not the one who had those kids singing... he did not even set it up or have anything to do with it... and was not "exploiting" anyone...

I know - let's look at the facts!!

From the info on YouTube....

Inspired by ideas raised at a grassroots Obama fundraiser, a music teacher, Kathy Sawada, and the children composed and rehearsed the songs in less than two weeks. Several musicians heard of the effort and volunteered to accompany the children. Parents and older siblings designed and provided the T-Shirts and the banner. There's a first for everything, but rarely do so many firsts come together at once: for the children and their parents, this is their first performance, first video, first banner, and first involvement with grassroots work on a presidential campaign.
As Sunday approached, a neighbor volunteered a home. Production wizards got wind of the project and offered their help in recording it. The likes of Jeff Zucker, Holly Schiffer, Peter Rosenfeld, Darin Moran, Jean Martin, Andy Blumenthal, and Nick Phoenix rearranged schedules to participate. Holly Schiffer was able to get three High Definition cameras (Panasonic HVX250's), and an AVID editing facility. When Jeff Zucker went to pick up the camera package, Ted Schilowitz happened to be there and offered a RED camera set up on a Steadi Cam.

What we accomplished in a few hours on a Sunday afternoon embodies the nature of the Obama campaign: its grassroots inspiration, its inclusiveness, its community building. People pitched in quickly for a cause that resonated with them. There were not many conditions: "Think this is a good idea? Want to help? Great. Sunday at 12:00." At the heart of the project were 22 children and their music. The willingness of all involved to come together for them was a testament to our hope, unity, courage, joy and belief in the future represented by these children.

We are offering the video to everyone, the Obama campaign and all media with high hopes that we can all join together to Sing for Change.

WE'RE GONNA CHANGE THE WORLD Music and lyrics by Lily Campbell, age 9
Bolding mine. This was not done by the Obama campaign.

It does not scare me - but it is awfully cheesy...
default_wink.png

Oh, poor Matt, :DOH! If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. If this bothers you so much when someone says something about YOUR precious Obama don't even read it.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
You know, it is possible to discuss things with out being so rude...
default_no.gif
...and as Matt is Canadian, this is not about HIS "precious" Obama - as you sneered...

I'll tell you what scares me badLY is certainly not Obama, not even McCain, but the sheer and utter crap out there that make Box Fraudcasting look like a bastion of intellectual thought.

I couldn't get the video link to work, but I do sincerely fear for the future of our Nation if Obama is elected.

Oh, just stop it already. We get it. You're so afraid of big bad "Hussein Obama". Just vote in November and stop trying to strike fear in people.
Danielle

So Matt can make a remark like this and we should just sit back and take it. To me he was the rude one because I was ONLY stating my opinion. Or is it really a person can only say what they feel only as long as they agree with you?
default_new_shocked.gif

default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png

Oh I can stand the heat. And I'm IN the kitchen. What bothers me so much is someone spreading lies and propaganda, and taking things out of context to further their party's agenda. I'm entitled to an opinion...and I sure don't think that's rude. I haven't been rude in the least.

I'll tell you what scares me badLY is certainly not Obama, not even McCain, but the sheer and utter crap out there that make Box Fraudcasting look like a bastion of intellectual thought.

In total agreement
default_wink.png

I'm entitled to an opinion...and I sure don't think that's rude. I haven't been rude in the least.
As I feel about myself. Tag "said" I was rude to you, but she neglected to put the smiles, so I retaliated. She only put what she thought she wanted to make a statement. I obviously could not have an opinion of my own, according to her. Sorry Matt, we ALL are entitled to an opinion and it does not have to agree with everyone elses. No offense. I love your posts. Usually
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
(Notice the winks)
default_laugh.png

I'm entitled to an opinion...and I sure don't think that's rude. I haven't been rude in the least.
As I feel about myself. Tag "said" I was rude to you, but she neglected to put the smiles, so I retaliated. She only put what she thought she wanted to make a statement. I obviously could not have an opinion of my own, according to her. Sorry Matt, we ALL are entitled to an opinion and it does not have to agree with everyone elses. No offense. I love your posts. Usually
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
(Notice the winks)
default_laugh.png

No problem
default_wink.png

ARG...Like I said 100 times..topics are TITLED..and there ya go..if its just a bunch of sweet kids singing..why should I stop scare people?? apperantly you made a connection all by yourself..I did NOT write a word..just posted a link.

As for freedom of speech..ALL the videos are PULLED..WHY?..BY WHOM?

You better get ready to say the right thing or shut up.
default_shutup.gif
default_shutup.gif
default_shutup.gif

ARG...Like I said 100 times..topics are TITLED..and there ya go..if its just a bunch of sweet kids singing..why should I stop scare people?? apperantly you made a connection all by yourself..I did NOT write a word..just posted a link.

Ohhhhh, but you did write a word, in your topic title, and then posted a link to children singing. Would you not expect readers to connect the two? If not, there would have been no reason for the post at all.

Not sure why the video was pulled, either.

Gary

You are right..I gave it a title..How I felt..than why did nobody ask WHY this scares me?

If you watched the video you prob saw Zucker (NBC executive) in the background!
default_shutup.gif
default_shutup.gif

As I feel about myself. Tag "said" I was rude to you, but she neglected to put the smiles, so I retaliated. She only put what she thought she wanted to make a statement.

I felt it was a rude and somewhat condescending thing to say.... just my opinion but I am all too aware of how little that counts or is "allowed". Or so some imply.
default_wink.png

I did leave in the smilies when I quoted you - HUH? So contrary to what you said above I did not only use "what I wanted" and there was no need to "retaliate".

default_no.gif

I obviously could not have an opinion of my own, according to her. Sorry Matt, we ALL are entitled to an opinion and it does not have to agree with everyone elses.
You are entitled to your opinion and I have never said anything to the contrary. As are the rest of us. But opinions can be expressed without sneering, without YELLING.... which informing the rest of us how stupid we are... and so on. That applies to all of us. The edit button is your friend.

I agree that the vid (and I still say it was cheesy) was likely pulled due to the kids in the video that were identifiable - especially due to some of the very hateful comments that were posted about it online....
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back