This one shocked me!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a pair like that and just when I thought I would get zero color, they threw a solid black!
default_new_shocked.gif

Congratulations! Glad I don't have to keep him clean!
We have an about 75% white pinto. You should here the cackling we get when we are dragging him to the washrack at the shows after he laid down and added more "spots"!
laugh.gif

Good luck with that!
biggrin.gif

He's wild! Congratulations! I think he's wonderful!

I don't know, Robin. Maybe you get to start all over again since you ran out this time. That wouldn't be a bad thing! Congrats to you!

CONGRATULATIONS
picbornfoal.gif

They are all so different
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
You ummmm could call him................MINE ALL MINE!!!

you know as in............Ship him to me so he will be all MINE????
default_rolleyes.gif
:RollEyes:RollEyes

CONGRATULATIONS Robin!! I havn't read through the other posts, but I would think he is a maximum expressed Splashed White pinto.
aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your colt and I think a cute name for him would be "Maximum White Out".
default_yes.gif

Oh Robin, he is gorgeous.
default_drool5.gif
Congrats!!!!!!

Ahhhhh. Now when you see a "solid white" on a horse pedigree you will understand that what you are actually seeing is a maximum pattern expressed.

These horses are a gold mine for color and when bred to solid horse will tease out one or more color patterns.

Zeke will be a wonderful addition to someone's breeding program in the future.
yes.gif

Lisa, your boy could be homozygous for sabino. There are many genes for it (this is what I've read anyway) and the test is just for the one. I have a mare that is definitely sabino....she has the sabino roaning and she likes to pass on blue eyes (does not have splash) but tested negative for sabino.

He is stunning by the way, I've always been a fan!
Good point! Yes, there are supposedly more than one type of Sabino markers out there. It's just that Sb1 is the only one identified to date.
default_smile.png

Reo, I love how you posted the pics so when you scroll down the post the degression of black shows. I'm with you, I think next years foal will be all black with blue eyes. Any way, congrats, he's a beauty!
aktion033.gif

WOW..... that is so crazy!!

All of their foals are beauties
default_wub.png

Yup, next year will be another surprise, no doubt
default_yes.gif

Congratulations
default_aktion033.gif

Sorry, no help on color
default_wacko.png

Wow, he's quite the stunner!
default_wub.png