This may be a silly question but here goes...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BopNDoc

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as hardshipping an AMHR horse into the ASPC registry? Just curious as I have a gorgeous paly pinto colt that is going to mature on the taller side and was wondering...if this was possible...if it would make him more marketable?

Thanks in advance?

Thanks.

Karen

There is no such thing as hardshipping into ASPC. You can hardship an ASPC into AMHR but not the other way around. A shetland must be a shetland from the get go but a shetland can be a miniature depending on its size.. PS> there are no stupid questions...
default_biggrin.png

There is no such thing as hardshipping into ASPC. You can hardship an ASPC into AMHR but not the other way around. A shetland must be a shetland from the get go but a shetland can be a miniature depending on its size.. PS> there are no stupid questions...
default_biggrin.png
Thanks I figured that would be the answer, I looked on the site and didn't find anything about hardshipping. Anywho, thanks!!

Karen

I do believe it is possible to hardship an AMHR horse that goes over 38 into the National Show Pony Registry (NSPR) which is also a division of ASPC. I've not paid much attention as I don't breed for that size, but you can check into it on their website.

No, you cannot hardship an AMHR horse into ASPC. A shetland = shetland x shetland. The ASPC Shetlands that make the 38" height limit are elg. to be hardshipped into AMHR if both parents are not AMHR already.

The shetland is a "breed", not a registered based on height (like amha, amhr) or color (like ptha) ...they are a "breed" registry
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back