This little hen has to crow!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heidi

Reaction score
My mother called me last night to tell me about my (Nov) b-day present, so I wouldn't duplicate.

She bought me (expensive!) tickets for the December 3rd performance of the Lipizzaner Stallions in Atlanta! Less than 45 minutes from my home!

The Lipizzaner Stallions have not performed in northAmerica in 15 years. This year is their 60th Anniversary of their rescue by Gen. Patton in Vienna. I saw the White Stallions in San Francisco at the Cow Palace many years ago, possibly 25 years ago. I am certain I did not appreciate them as a pre-teen like I will as an adult. I visited the SpanishRidingSchool website and viewed a video clip of performances and training sessions and got all choked up and emotional.

I'm gonna be a MESS at this performance. But I'm gonna be a crying, bawling, sappy, HAPPY mess!
yes.gif

Heidi

...hope I can sneak in my digital camera!

I took my daughter for her birthday long ago and we both cried at the spectacular beauty of them. Give that mom a big ole hug. Excellent present! You crow all you like. It will be a memory you will have forever.

Enjoy!
yes.gif
The anniversary tour came through here in August and we were able to take our 8 year old and watch both the beautiful horses AND her beautiful young face enjoying beautiful horses!

MA

I was lucky enough to see them in Vienne , 5/03, what a sight! OMG I can still remember every second and cant blame you for the choking up LOL It was all I could do to not LOL had contacts in, wouldnt have been pretty
wub.gif

LOVED THEM TO. DID MY WHATEVER IT IS CALLED (OLD AGE HERE) SENIOR REPORT THAT COUNTED AS 1/2 YOUR GRADE AND YOU COULDN'T GRADUATE WITHOUT DOING THAT REPORT. (HELP, BRAIN FAILURE) EVEN CONTACTED THEM TO GET PRICES. WEANLINGS WERE STARTING AT $1,000. WHICH DOESN'T SEEM LIKE MUCH NOW, BUT THEN IN 1971 WOW.

ASK MARTY, SHE RODE FOR THEM AND WORKED FOR THEM. WHAT AN EXPERIENCE TO DO THAT. EXCEPT FOR SHE DIDN'T LIKE THE TREATMENT OF THE HORSES.

Make sure you get some sllooooowww film for your camera since they dont allow flash's. And have FUN!!!!!!!!!
aktion033.gif

We went to see the Lipizzaner Stallions here least year, they were SO NEAT!

You'll really enjoy them
yes.gif
I cant wait until they come back to town here!

I saw them in Omaha many years ago. It was such a beautiful treat. An elderly woman I took care of at the time said, "if you think they are beautiful here you should see them in England. These are the old used up ones here". She saw them in a castle somewhere, standing on a balcony above while they performed below. She said it was the most beautiful and fascinating thing she had ever seen.

There really is no comparing the Vienna based Lipizzans and the ones here. I had seen the ones that tour the States and was impressed, then saw the ones in Vienna. Its like comparing a VW bug to a Ferrari
rolleyes.gif
Both great, but still a huge diff

Wish I could have caught them here, but of course now they are north sure would have loved to see them
wub.gif

We saw there here when Mia was less than a year old...incredible. I had not seen them since I was a child. Even as a baby, Mia (with earplugs in for the loud music) was facinated!

Pepipony said:
There really is no comparing the Vienna based Lipizzans and the ones here.  I had seen the ones that tour the States and was impressed, then saw the ones in Vienna.
These Lipizzaners are the Real Deal from Vienna. This is their 60th Anniversary "thank you" tour to the United States for the US's participation in their rescue during the War. I believe they are limiting their performances to only a few dates in a few cities across the country.

Heidi

Heidi said:
Pepipony said:
There really is no comparing the Vienna based Lipizzans and the ones here.  I had seen the ones that tour the States and was impressed, then saw the ones in Vienna.
These Lipizzaners are the Real Deal from Vienna. This is their 60th Anniversary "thank you" tour to the United States for the US's participation in their rescue during the War. I believe they are limiting their performances to only a few dates in a few cities across the country.

Heidi

477230[/snapback]

I know
yes.gif
Was making the point ( or trying too LOL) that these are the real ones and there isnt any comparing the diff tours
wub.gif

new_shocked.gif
Ooops! I'm sorry!

I had read at another bb where I also posted about my upcoming Lipizzaner tickets, that the American White Stallion shows are mostly ridden by women and one particular person commented that the last show (of the American White Stallions) she saw she was very disapointed...she felt the horses had angry cranking tails and pinned ears during too much of the show to make it enjoyable for her to watch.

I don't remember the ones I saw in San Fran being unhappy or displeased...and only one horse didn't stay in cadence with the others, but you could tell (because of the graying) that is was a younger horse and not as 'seasoned' as the older campaigners.

I am sooo looking forward to December!

Heidi

I am sooo looking forward to December!
I bet you are!! We have seen the stateside ones several times, but they just dont compare to the real thing. Am hoping hubby can get some tickets, if he gets off his butt that is LOL I am SO glad you started this thread, I hadnt even heard they were over here.

Lucky you, to get to see the "real" ones from Vienna! They do not come here...I've seen the Florida(?) based group twice & will not pay to see them again, very disappointing.

sure would love to see the real deal sometime!

Minimor said:
Lucky you, to get to see the "real" ones from Vienna!  They do not come here...I've seen the Florida(?) based group twice & will not pay to see them again, very disappointing.
sure would love to see the real deal sometime!

477380[/snapback]

It was luck, lord knows I couldnt have afforded it. Aunts travelling companion backed out and i got to do a 3 weeks tour up the main rivers into Amsterdam. Good thing is I will never do it again and lucky I had the chance, bad thing is I'll never be able to do it again LOL Mini the ones we are talking about are from Vienne, maybe you can go to see them!

I am envious! I saw them when I was in 9th grade (I just turned 50 so that tells you how Loooooooooong ago it was!)! it was awesome! jennifer
saludando.gif

Wow, that's cool!!!
aktion033.gif

I was kinda hoping they would make it to this area, because I hope the 'real' ones are better than the ones that tour North America. I went to see them (the North American ones) last fall when they were close to here, and was very disappointed....maybe I am becoming too much of a "dressage queen" but I found their dressage talents lacking.....
no.gif

~kathryn

Back