this just isnt right!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

this is probably the last year congress will be at Gordyville which is about 25 mins from my farm. And i have no pony to show this year
sad.gif
We have retired Patches as she just got to really NOT liking showing at the end of last year. Poor girl was undefeated in liberty then congress comes and she stands by the gate LOL. Im sad just thinking about this

where is it moving to???.........wonder if it is moving closer to me?

Yes, sad to say Congress will be moving after this year. We have busted at the seams from the Rantoul facility. With over 500 horses there last year, had to take up most of the back of the warm-up arena with stalls. I understand they will be putting up a tent for this year show out in the parking lot, but there really isn't any more room. The facility really needs to build another barn with stalls and that might help keep it there but it cost money and could possibly cause the BOD to up our show fees to help cover the cost of renting that facility in case they did build a new barn. Just like everything else in life, when the cost of something goes up we get hit in the pocket book to help pay for it.

What I have heard is that it will be going to St. Louis for two years and then it could possibly be moved to the new facility in Murpheesburo, TN, but that is still up in the air. Either way, no matter where Congress is held we will be there to support the show.

A reminder: Sharrway Farm/Transport and Fiddlestix Pony Farm will once again host the exhibitors luncheon on Thursday, August 4th at noon. Start planning now on what you will be bringing and let Sharron Hinkle or myself know. We will be providing the BBQ Brisket, BBQ chickens, BBQ Ribs, Ham and paper supplies. We fed over 300 last year (more closer to 450) and had plenty of food left over for a dinner run.

Sharron Hinkle [email protected]

Karen Shaw [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Karen

hey karen you know you have too many ponies to show. maybe you could send one up for me?? LOL.

seriously st louis or tennessee wouldnt be bad. I was scared to death theyd move it to the other end of the country

count me in for the luncheon too.

Last edited:
Awwww Kay. It breaks my heart too. I know she didn't like it, but I sure loved watching Patchie show, especially in Liberty.

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
Well, I for one, am happy that the Congress will be moved. St. Louis is definitely more reasonable than Gordyville! National caliber shows need to be centerally located for EVERYONE'S benefit. So many more people will be more willing to make the drive; which will increase entries. Not to mention that its better for the horses. Its just not healthy for horses to be hauled such long distances - you see more illness the farther a horse is hauled.

Where in St.Louis??

I am going to be getting a sheatland soon and St.Louis is at my back door!!

Latest posts

Back