This economy is scaring me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
This economy is scaring me. It makes me scared for the future of the horses. With the prices of everything and the market the way it is. It makes us wonder and what our next move should be. Any words of encouragement would be great. Do we sell our herd because things are getting so bad? I feel sick to my stomach. We both have jobs and we are fortunate for that. But the governemnt put the fear of God in me and I feel so uncertain. I dont want my babies to suffer.

i know how you are feeling. think about what is best for your minis, I know with our donkeys they are really easy keepers, 1/2 a flake of hay morning/night, in the winter, flake -1.5 flakes, and there good. If it means that only do 2 shows vs. 5 shows, then just do the two, and buy the hay for them. Idk what you feed your minis, but i know when i worked at the mini farm, they just got a little less then a flake and a handfull of pellets. Just cut down on things you don't need, Cut your cable, Little things like turning off lights, using energy saving bulbs, using Wood for heat (i fyou have the resorces) it's all helps.

That's what the government tries to do - put fear in the Americans so we agree to their plans of a One World Order. That's what makes me sick, look what Geroge Bush did to get us into a war in Iraq - 911 !! People dont have a clue how corrupt the leaders of this country are !! That's scary !!

As far as the minis, I dont think you can count on breeding and expecting to sell all your babies. I don't breed and mine are pets so I wont have to sell.

Last edited:
It is, and the sad thing is is all we can do is sit and deal with it.

This Flood Controll thing is really anoying

They are doing a great job scaring me!! It makes me very unsettled. I do not have children so I always justified certain spending. But now it gets to the point where it doesnt matter. We hvae plenty of food and hay and vet care. No mini is suffering and they have a great life here. But What if...... and that is what scares me.

When the "what if" comes we will just have to deal with it. I refuse to live in fear.

Economy: Ok, I am scared too in a way.....but more mad than scared, at the Government. There needs to be some serious change, but there are so many dinosaurs in office.

Horses: I hope people don't breed so many minis next year. If we need change then do it. We as the owners have the control of how many babies are born every year.

I know. But I think that is what hurts us. Just living for the "now". I dont know what I really can do.

I did not mean to just live for the "now", but since we only have so much control don't waste all your energy being scared all the time
default_smile.png

Last edited:
I know, I understand. It is just someting lately has been scaring me to peices. I get the uneasy feeling in my stomach. Oh man, I hate this feeling.

I'm sorry you feel that way, it's crippling. Maybe you could go the Doctor and get some meds to help you calm down.

Good Morning,

My husband told me this morning that a co-worker at his job has the solution to this problem....I really like his too.....

Instead of using the money to bail out the financal markets and the housing market....$700M...

Give every man, women, child in the US a million dollars (apparently there are a little over 300 million people in the US), then let the families take care of their bills, paying off their debts, etc. This will clean up the mess, give everyone a chance to recover and take care of business and push the ecomony back into business.

I told him to tell the guy to keep dreaming, but a good dream it was!

Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
I wont take meds for this. How I am feeling is expected (I feel). The meds wont make it go away.

I wish we got that money. But you know what? Americans would spend it and be in the same position but worse!

I do understand feeling scared. It is a scary situation. But people need to remain calm and wait it out. Cool heads prevail! None of us can possibly know what is ahead and I am a firm believer in living for today. We have to have faith that this will get ironed out and not panic.

I think this first half of the Serenity prayer is very appropriate and I remind myself of this all the time

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

What is going on right now is out of most of our hands and we have to keep the faith

This Economy is scary thats true, Once Wachovia is purchased by Citi bank that will leave 3 major banking instutitions in the us. sort of like the beginning of the 1 world government/economy prophesied in the Bible, ( Im not starting a religious thread just comenting)

My friend is the VP of an investment banking firm. She believes that in 3 to 5 years the economy will turn around so, I think tigten up a bit on spending and wait, Dont jump into things and sell everything and bail out. Just wait it out if you can.

Lyn

Economy might be down....but i am not selling out or dispersing. Horses i have for sale are the same horses that have been on my sale list. Ive ran sales and reduced prices on some horses to try and help move them, horses are still selling....its just advertising and getting that horse out there which is what i try to do. Only sold one horse this summer...then a gelding back in April..i have two more i would love to move this fall too.

I think allot of people forget to promote locally. Hang up those sale signs, business cards ext at local TSC....feed stores...ext ext. I get inquires all the time from locals.

This Economy is scary thats true, Once Wachovia is purchased by Citi bank that will leave 3 major banking instutitions in the us. sort of like the beginning of the 1 world government/economy prophesied in the Bible, ( Im not starting a religious thread just comenting)My friend is the VP of an investment banking firm. She believes that in 3 to 5 years the economy will turn around so, I think tigten up a bit on spending and wait, Dont jump into things and sell everything and bail out. Just wait it out if you can.

Lyn
Lyn, it's interesting you mention that, one world government/economy. It's exactly what I was thinking yesterday to myself on my way home. What is interesting to me as well is a few weeks ago, before our election was called here by our Prime Minister I was discussing with our Director here if she thought that our Prime Minister would call an election at this time or not. Her response to me was in the affirmative and she said "I think our Prime Minister knows something we don't, that something major is about to happen and he is scared about it..." I wonder how many governments around the world were expecting this financial crisis to hit in the U.S. as they knew it would affect them as well.

I, too am very frightened, for myself, my family and everyone. I am afraid we will have another great depression. I am too young to remember it of course, but I remember stories from my grand parents and it sounded horrible.

This spring, I was going to breed 3 mares. I had two babies this spring. I started to breed the mares, then I got scared and stopped.. thinking that what will happen if my sale horses don't sell, started thinking I better back off, so I wouldn't have to worry about 3 more. Feeding them is one thing, emergency vet bills etc are another. So I don't think tbere will be babies here in 2009. maybe when the economy improves.

Robin

Good Morning,
My husband told me this morning that a co-worker at his job has the solution to this problem....I really like his too.....

Instead of using the money to bail out the financal markets and the housing market....$700M...

Give every man, women, child in the US a million dollars (apparently there are a little over 300 million people in the US), then let the families take care of their bills, paying off their debts, etc. This will clean up the mess, give everyone a chance to recover and take care of business and push the ecomony back into business.

I told him to tell the guy to keep dreaming, but a good dream it was!

Karen
LOL, I don't think we could swing a 300 trillion dollar economic incentive, but it's fun to imagine a million for every person
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back