This bothers me,maybe its just me but....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally understand what you are saying.

There may be another reason why the prices are inflated.... perhaps the seller really doesn't want to sell the horse. A friend of mine told me once that she is crazy in love with the horse, she puts a crazy price tag on it... then if the horse does actually sell, she won't cry as hard when it goes down the driveway to its new home.(Of course $75000 is crazy!)

I know that I could certainly dry my tears on $75000.00!!

well i for one think people can price their horses at whatever they want!! When i went to the little king sale this year i said i hope everything goes top dollar. Why? Because in turn that is good for all of us that breed minis.

I also dont think 3500 for a show colt is a bad price. It just all comes down to what you are willing to pay for what you want. Ive seen medicore horses sell that were in my opinion too high and i have seen fabulous horses sell what i thought was too low.

Someone saw my site and inquired on a mare that wasnt for sale but asked me to name a price. Since I dont want to sell this mare i gave her a high (but reasonable price in my mind) for the mare. She was shocked and told me that it was way too high. When i told my girlfriend she said i priced her way too cheap LOL (im so glad the woman didnt take me up on my offer) To each their own!

Kay

capall beag said:
I know exactly what you mean BUT I think people who do that are stupid and hope the buyer is too!!!!But your not so you know better
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

People do this with dogs too, drives me crazy!!!!!

I wonder if these people ever sell anything!??
wacko.gif

wacko.gif

467003[/snapback]

And cars too... not to be off topic but years ago we wanted a used car at the blue book price and the seller (a stereotypical car salesman complete with the cheesy clothes and jewelry) tried to sell me a line of manure how he would sell the car at his price at auction, yadda, yadda, yadda. They hadn't even vacuumed the popcorn from under the seats yet - eeewwww! Three weeks later I received a postcard saying he had the car we wanted at the blue book price but it was too late - I had my new Jeep then.

I wish there was some magic formula to linking all horse buyers and sellers! At least we have our Lil Beginnings board!
aktion033.gif
biggrin.gif

Denise

Silversong Farm

Latest posts

Back