Thinning out an unrully mane??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
A friend of mine wants to show a mini at a local fair. I went to check him out and his mane is huge! It is like a bad perm? I suggested thining it out but I dont know where to start!!! Before I seen him I thought pulling the bottom hairs so it lays flat, but it is beyond that!! I also have thining shears but where do you start with a mane like that????

Also, his hair is bleached from the sun. ANd someone told her thier is a supplement that will stop the bleaching from the sun. That sounds like BS to me. But I told her I would look into it.

ANy suggestion would be great.

If its that bleached she should probably dye it with just for men hair dye. You can also buy the spray on color if you just want it to last for a day.

I just use clippers to thin down a mane but some dont like that as it will be noticeable when it grows out.

If its really frizzy and dry -- dying it will help smooth it down. Or she can condition it like crazy.

It is a local kid event. So I like the day die. The mane is so thick. Thye tried condition but it is still wacky!!! I feel bad because it is a little girl and she is so sweet. I want her horse to win for her!! He def has the wacky hair award
default_wub.png

I got pretty desperate last year with Holly's super thick frizzy mane.

First I shortened it up and dyed it. Then I under cut it, a lot. Still needed more help so I also over cut it.

What a difference. I keep it that way now on her.

Latest posts

Back