Think I finally found the one.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fantacsix

[SIZE=12pt]I know I have posted within the last year on my new "aquisitions". Well you know how it goes, sometimes they look alot better in the pictures :no: or have little flaws that won't fit your program :ugh: or They are too aggressive or too wild
default_frusty.gif
: . Well almost every prospect I have gotten just didn't seem to click in one way or another :new_all_coholic: . I only can have 6 minis here soo I have been extremely picky for my limited means. I feel blessed to have gotten Heartlands Miracle After Dark A/R Amhr Res. Nat'l Champ. Well Thank you to The Jacksons from OKLA :worshippy: , I found my beginner show prospect. This guy will mature around 32"-33". I wanted one that could hold his own in Halter and go on to Driving. He is a nice color loud Palomino Pinto with 2 blue (mascara) eyes. He has a super top line, great conformation, long neck and pretty head.
default_whistling.gif
: (still yearling stages) INTRODUCING Songcatchers O Danny Boy. Lucky is dual registered. His SIRE: Bears Snips Illustration DAM: Woodsons Derby With A Star. OK now the color question
default_unsure.png
: .. I am very good with color and pinto markings just shocked that his sire is Toby and dam is solid and he has blue eyes! (yes in the "funny photo his eyes are blue LOL, he had soo much red eye of course it turned his eye black. I will have to correct that later.) I believe that is more of an overo/tovero trait. Dad is a pinto (he appears from the picture to look like a tovero. which probally answered my question) and mom is solid see pictures. Thank you.
e95a885f.jpg
e95a8868.jpg

e95a8859.jpg
e95a8869.jpg

e95a8857.jpg
e95a8863.jpg
[/SIZE]

I think he is carrying the sabino gene. His eyes are not a tobiano blue in my opinion. You can have him tested for sabino and tobiano. My guess is that he carries both. The mascara around the eyes is a sabino trait.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sire is a Smoky Black (carrying Cream)

Tobiano does not carry blue eyes- neither does Sabino.

Only Frame and Splash carry blue eyes- I am pretty sure the stallion is Splash, which answers where your blue eyes have come from.

Congratulations! I bred Danny Boy and I think I can answer your questions. His sire, Bears Snips Illustration (a.k.a. Bandit) is a Smokey Black who carries Tobiano, Sabino, and Splash. He tested negative for LWO. Bandit also has two blue eyes. Danny's dam, Woodsons Derby With A Star, is a bright red Sorrel with (obviously) a white star, probably a result of Sabino. Derby also carrys Silver as she threw a Silver colt this year from the same cross.

Danny looks like he is maturing nicely. Unless he has really taken a growing spurt since I sold him, there is no way he will reach 32.

Good luck on your new guy, hope he is everything u wanted. :aktion033:

Back