They're coming for my other eye...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
When I had my previous eye surgery in December, my surgeon had hoped that laser treatment would take care of my other eye. This hasn't happened, and I'm tired of seeing nothing but a blur out of my right eye, so we scheduled surgery for this coming Monday.

Fortunately, since the issues are entirely different in this eye, he doesn't think he'll need to inject a gas bubble. This would mean no face down time, and no further answers to my question about gas causing my eye to fart when I blink (no typo this time, Liz and Annette)

Also, barring unforseen complications, I'll be all healed in time for the Pacific Crown show, although Keith will have to do some of the training/conditioning. (I may be wearing a pair of dork goggles at the show, but at least they'll complete the picture!

Aw, susanne, you are not a dork, and even if you are, you are in good company with the rest of us dorks! I hope your surgery goes smoothly, recovery is swift and I'm excited to see you at Pacific Crown!!!

Liz

Thanks, Liz...but you know I still need to get my "I Do My Own Stunts" t-shirt...

I'm really looking forward to Pacific Crown...besides the show itself, I haven't a McMaster clan fix in way too long!

Sending good thoughts on your surgery!!

The surgery will go well, Susanne, I just know it!!!

Kari

Well, if we can find a horse calm enough, Brandon has taken to the ring (posted pics on another thread from Sea Tac) and that is a new thing! As far as halter, anyway.

We'll be glad to see you, lets get stalls nearby.
default_smile.png

I hear that Adam Longman from LB here is going to be a judge at Pacific Crown! I'm stoked to meet him!!!

Plus I'll get to see Pyro...and Leia, and Kody...and ....!!! Everyone else!!!

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Liz

Susanne you will be in my thoughts on Monday. Keith is more than capable of doing the conditioning for the show. Imagine how wonderful it will be to have two eyes. From this
default_wacko.png
to this
default_rolleyes.gif
It will be so

great.

Susanne, wishing you a very un-eventful surgery this time out.

I have in the past two months had 2 cataracts removed, uneventfully.

They've been with me since my early 30's and now I wish I'd had them

done years ago....but I was to chicken. What a joy, each and every day

to see the world around me, unblurred.

Thinking of you!

You will do fine Susanne!!!! And you will make it to the PC!!!

Sadly.. this month it is doubtful I will get to any of the shows, to see all you guys again. Hubby's work needs him in a testing lab in NC. Of course my parents are coming to visit the last weekend of this month too. Just going to be a yucky month.
default_no.gif

Susanne, you're as bad as Kody! :DOH! Have one surgery, wait, hope it works, give up and have another one done...hopefully you'll have at least as good an outcome as he has from the second surgery. I don't care if you're so blind Keith has to lead you to the ring along with Mingus- you're coming to PC!!

nootka said:
We'll be glad to see you, lets get stalls nearby.
default_smile.png
I hear that Adam Longman from LB here is going to be a judge at Pacific Crown! I'm stoked to meet him!!!

Plus I'll get to see Pyro...and Leia, and Kody...and ....!!! Everyone else!!!

Good luck, please keep us posted.

Liz
We definitely need group stalls! Raftered Hearts, Woodwinds, Crabby Chickens, and Free Spirit all together! (Boy do we have a bunch of names or what?!) I'm looking forward to meeting Adam too and suspect I'll feel sort of odd handing the PyroManiac back to his real mom. Kody's mean mama is only allowing him four classes (two obstacle, two Western) at the June shows so I'll have plenty of time to watch everyone else and help out. I'm so looking forward to Evergreen in August when he can get back to his full roster of classes!
default_pray.gif
He's got all those tricks to show off in Liberty and is finally jumping with good manners.

You're gonna be there, RIGHT Susanne??
default_wink.png

Leia

Susanne....will be thinking of you as you go through your surgery! Hoping & praying that all goes well and the recovery is quick!!

Latest posts

Back