They say it comes it threes...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever so sorry for your loss
default_no.gif

Christina

I'm so sorry for your loss, she was a beautiful mare

hope you find out what happened

hoping things aren't to stressful for your colt

It must be so hard to loose a mare

sooo sorry
default_no.gif

Lori

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry about your beautiful girl.
default_no.gif

I am so sorry for the loss od your beautiful mare. Her colt should be fine as long as he keeps eating.drinking just keep a close eye on him ( as I sure you would anyways)

I'm so very sorry! I wish I could make the pain go away. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Oh Lord...........My heart goes out to you......... Yes, it does seem to happen in "3's" doesn't it.

I haven't read other people's posts, but I'm just going to plow in and assure you that your little one will probably be okay because he's so close to weaning age. But, yes, it wouldn't hurt to add some milk pellets in his grain for a little while..... at least until his normal weaning time.

If there are other youngsters he can be with, that will help. Most of what you'll be dealing with in regard to him is the psychological loss, not the nutritional.

I know saying "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it right now..........We've been there more than once........and there are still those teary moments. I think we are allowed them and should honor them.

Your post brings tears to my eyes and I'm so very sorry for you.

I lost4 a mare in birthing once so I know how you are feeling.

Joyce

Thank you everyone.. I think I'm to the point where I have no more tears to cry
default_sad.png

I hate not knowing 'how' or 'why', the worst game in the world is the "wait and see"...

As for her colt he seems to be doing ok.. Last night we put him back in their stall after rebedding (he's been in that stall since birth), figured it would be best for him to stay in "his" stall.. He ate the hay and little bit of grain I gave him last night and ate his breakfast this morning.. He spent the day out in the pasture with his two buddies and their dams.. Was worried that the other two mares may give him a hard time especially if he went hunting for milk, but they both seemed quite content with him.. He still occasionally lets out a whinny and goes 'looking', but for the most part he tagged alongside TJ.. I put him back in his stall for the night by himself, because I really don't have anyone else I feel "safe" enough for him right now, I've got a couple yearlings and our little 2 year old orphan girl that I'd feel safe putting with him in a pasture/dry lot to buddy, but not in a stall especially if he goes to try nursing.. We'll see how he handles the next couples days with just being out daily with the other mares/foals and alone at night, if he gets too depressed/worked up then I can always go ahead and wean Royal from his dam since he'll be going on 4 months old, which is typically when I wean (between 4-5 months, depending on the foal) Mom is going to run into town tomorrow and pick up so foal grain and/or milk-based pellets and we'll go from there..

When we pulled in the drive, mom said Tango (TJ's dam) ran to the gate and whinnied, but when no one got off the trailer she went back over to TJ and Phoenix..
default_sad.png

Oh my, I must be extra emotional today. As I started to read your post I felt the usual sadness that I feel when I read about someone's loss, then out of nowhere I just busted out sobbing. I am SO sorry that you lost your precious mare. HUGS. My sincerest condolences to you.

I am so sorry to hear about your little Lexi. It just remined me so much of the day I lost my WeeBit, he was fine the night before and when I opened the barn doors I found him dead in his stall..It just hurts so much to lose our animals, they just melt our hearts and become so very much part of our family. I am sure your little colt will be fine, Lexi left you a wonderful gift to always remember her by. (((hugs)))

Sending prayers your way.. So sorry that you are going threw all of this.
default_no.gif
Sounds like the little one might pull it off and do fine without his momma.. This just has to be so hard on you..I know I wouldn't be able to handle all of it. Just stay strong for the little one
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beauty.

I'm so sorry. I hope you will be able to get some answers from the tests. I'm sure the little colt will do fine in your tender care.

Sending you big hugs!

I am so sorry . I had just been admiring Lexi a few days ago. I hope her foal will do well for you.

My heart just breaks for you, you're doing exactly right for the young one.

Cristina I am sorry sorry about your mare. My heart goes out to you and your family that includes the 4 legged ones. I wish there was something I could say to make it all better but I know there isnt. Hang in there sweetie. Things can only get better right????

Latest posts

Back