There's a horse under all that hair!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cat_in_the_hat72

Reaction score
and oh what a suprise I got. For awhile there I thought I bought a mini yak. I don;t think I did too bad for my first time. As long as you don't look too close and ignore all the clipper tracks. :bgrin

Rocky Before

Rocky6.jpg

Rocky After

rocky9.jpg

Course he had to do some scratching

rocky8.jpg

Then run around like a maniac

rocky7.jpg

He's still a bit plump but I am so pleased with him. With a bit more work maybe we'll be ready to show.

Wow what a cutie pie! I would rather see a plump horse under all that hair than a skinny one =) i know it happens but ugh it's like seeing a bony runway model LOL! Isn't neat to finally be reminded of what you actually have in your yard? Now you can tell everyone "see, he is NOT a yak!"

I just clipped 3 of mine for their first show this weekend. It's always fun to see what's under their hair! Mine definately "wintered well".......now we have to diet and exercise!! :bgrin

What a transformation! I think those yaks are the funnest ones to unwrap in the spring because you really can't tell what's under there. Yours is gorgeous!

Leia

Thank you everyone. I sure didn't know what I was getting myself into when I started that task. But after an hour and a half I found him under all that hair. I bought him seeing just pictures of him all slick and shiney and what a difference when he stepped off the trailer. Hubby even asked me when they unloaded him if we bought a yak or a horse. I still have to get one more clipped. The mare we rescued back in October is looking rather shaggy. I don't think I'll find her to be as plump but she was so underweight to begin with and has had a tough time getting the weigh back on. Hopefully she takes it as well as Rocky did. He was such a trooper. Only issue he had was with his ears being clipped and can't say that I blame him.

Wow - BIG difference - you are right - YAK was a good description of the winter coat.

I think you did a NICE clip job! and what a nice horse - after losing the winter weight you will have a very very handsome one!

Congrats

JJ

Back