Therapy Minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoblackminis

Reaction score
So I've always wondered ...
default_unsure.png

How do you keep therapy Minis from "messing" in nursing homes, hospitals, etc?? Do you potty train them sort of like a dog?! Or put one ofthose diapers on them???

I'm currently working on getting my Golden Retriever in as a therapy dog locally, since she really, really suits thatr sort of job. She's the kind of dog that can just sit and be petted for ever and although she's a bit skittish of loud noises, she has a really calming effect on people.

I then wondered whether I could get the Mini in there too!! It'd be really cute
default_smile.png
But yeah ... and do you guys think a B class Mini be too big to be a suitable therapy horse? He's really gentle. He always goes in parades and walks close to the sidewalks so that kids can pet him. And one time, we brought him up to an elderly lady in wheelchair and he rested his head in her lap while she petted him ... she was so thrilled.

Thanks everyone!!

As far as the potty thing goes, I use "Bun bags" on my minis that I take into town and into buildings (nursing homes, schools). My neighbor makes and sells them, here's the link: www.bunbag.com

I highly recommend them!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back