Therapy Horses...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MommaF8

Reaction score
Morning Y'all! I just wanted to find out if anyone knew what steps / procedures are necessary to have a miniature horse certified as a therapy horse? I know there are many different things you have to do to have a dog considered therapy trained...but know nothing about the regulations for horses! I REALLY want to use Cherry as a therapy horse. She's super calm, sweet, & LOVES people!

Any ideas/tips/hints will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much & God bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Y'all! I just wanted to find out if anyone knew what steps / procedures are necessary to have a miniature horse certified as a therapy horse? I know there are many different things you have to do to have a dog considered therapy trained...but know nothing about the regulations for horses! I REALLY want to use Cherry as a therapy horse. She's super calm, sweet, & LOVES people!

Any ideas/tips/hints will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks so much & God bless!

Most institutions that have pet therapy or pet visitation use a national program. Find out from the institutions you want to work with who they use. I tried taking my little one in a couple times but they complained about the "horsey" smell even when he had a good bath before we went. Good luck. The patients loved him.

Contact this forum member:http://www.freewebs.com/mercysmom/

She has done the testing and can help you with the information

Latest posts

Back