Thelwell Pony

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
I was taking pictures today of one of our obese young stallions today. Some stallions get very thin during breeding season, but Rolex beefed up like "porky pig". When I was taking the picture I realized that he looked like a Thelwell Pony! I happened to have on from a friend in England. What do you think?

rolex_thelwell.jpg

He actually is a pretty nice horse when he isn't so FAT!!! Looks an awful lot like his grandsire, Flying W Farms Little Blue Boy.

fwfblueboycover.jpg

Love that face!!!!!!Lol he is a Thelwell.... bet Blue Boy would be laughed out of the ring today! No offense meant. Just look how the horses have changed in 20 years.

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
new_shocked.gif
LMAO...he does look like a Thelwell pony!!
laugh.gif
Thats too funny! Poor little man needs to go on a diet
rolleyes.gif

-Kris

Yep Tony you got it pegged. Better get that boy on the treadmill.

bet Blue Boy would be laughed out of the ring today!

Hey Hey Hey now, them's fighting words. My Nicks'a Blue Boy and don't think he'd be laughed out of any ring.
poke.gif
lol but sure tells me where he got his mane and tail and forelock from

beautifulnick.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, he's a dead ringer
aktion033.gif

bet Blue Boy would be laughed out of the ring today!
Lynn, --you're better than that. Thin out that gorgeous stallion's mane and forelock, sweat his neck down, fit him up, do the body clipping and makeup--he'd git r done.

I understand what Lyn is saying I think. And Dr Pam you just emphasized it, if you completely change how he looks he would show good today. If he were clipped, thinned mane and forelock, sweated and makeup put on. I think what Lyn is saying that going into the ring like he was then would get him laughed out now. If I am wrong in this I am sorry but thats the way I understood it to mean. I don't think she was saying there is anything wrong with the horse, just the presentation.

minimomNC said:
I understand what Lyn is saying I think.  And Dr Pam you just emphasized it,  if you completely change how he looks he would show good today.  If he were clipped, thinned mane and forelock, sweated and makeup put on.  I think what Lyn is saying that going into the ring like he was then would get him laughed out now.  If I am wrong in this I am sorry but thats the way I understood it to mean.  I don't think she was saying there is anything wrong with the horse, just the presentation.
459863[/snapback]

I'm sorry if that's what you meant Lynn--I was just going off the comment "Just look how the horses have changed in 20 years."

Touchy tonight, I guess.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He does look a lot like a few of our preg mares.

Tony, I agree--a tad "porky"(or maybe, MORE than a tad!!
wink.gif
) "Rolex" must have perfected the art of relaxation, while also "getting the job done"!!So is Little Blue Boy, in the posted photo--but anyone who has seen the other widely-known photos of Little Blue Boy should realize that "laughed out of the ring" probably wouldn't apply,to the HORSE. How he was 'conditioned'(or NOT conditioned)is an entirely separate issue, IMO;from all pictorial and word-of-mouth evidence I've seen, the horse was conformationally, quite nice.

BTW,I saw no need for an apology from Dr.Pam, either-she just made a straightforward comment, directed to one who prides herself on BEING 'straightforward', so would certainly be able to receive it with grace(and with all due respect, could also "interpret" her own remarks, if she felt it necessary.)

Hey Tony, does this make his herd of mares a bunch of chubby chasers? He's gorgeous, and any lady would love to catch his eye!

As for Little Blue Boy, I think that this magazine cover shows how mini PHOTOGRAPHY has changed drastically. It is the photo, not Little Blue Boy, that is laughable.

Tony,

He is really pretty, though a tad pudgy... LOL

Too funny... he DOES look like a Thelwell !! hehehe

My "Thelwell" has been on a diet for a while....
rolleyes.gif

MARE.jpg

He is a dead ringer for that pony! Very beautiful but plump. I have some just like him!

Looking at the old photo of Blue Boy, he had a lovely head but man, what a big neck!! Must admit what an impact he has made on the modern Minis though

What a handsome fellow, even if a bit "fluffy".
rolleyes.gif
I have a Blue Boy granddaughter and her daughter and they have the same build and beautiful head and eye.
yes.gif
It's pretty easy to pic out a horse with Blue Boy in their background.
biggrin.gif

Robin

Go look at his neck in the other pics on that Blue Boy page Tony posted. When it was stretched like show horses do now it doesn't look bad at all! Your boy sure is cute, Tony.

Latest posts

Back