THEFT - VIA PAYPAL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
Someone in France managed to put through a charge in Paypal to the tune of $400. Thankfully PP reviewed the transaction and is investigating. Now my paypal account is frozen, and I have to have the transaction stopped at the credit union.

ROTTEN beggers!!

I had this same thing happen to me. Paypal caught it before I did. That very same day my debit card number was stolen, too. Crazy. And a pain in the tail.

Sorry you are dealing with it. Paypal was VERY good about putting my money back, though.

That just sux... I guess it is easier to steal than to work for the money!!!!
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif
default_new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

How did it happen? Whenever I use PayPal and receive money I immediately transfer it into my bank account; I don't leave it with them (they are making too much money off of it
default_wink.png
). Was it in your account with them?

I do what Matt does, I get it out of the account right away.

Also, there are TONS of emails that go out that appear to be from Paypal, eBay, and places like this, asking for folks to update their info, or that they need the info for some reason. They even have their 'logos' on the account and the email addie might have an [email protected] or something of that nature to look real.... NONE of these are valid -they are all scams, and they will NEVER ask you to verify your account, refresh your password or anything else via email.

I am sure they will find that it was not really you, as they can trace where the transactions came from and went to, right down to the IP address of the computer, the email addresses, etc...

Thieves like this is part of the reason our department is so busy all the time.

By the way, just a heads up for everyone, that when fall hits, is when financial fraud of all types REALLY gets busy, and all through the holiday season. So just beware and be careful!

My bank had me set up a checking account for Ebay/PayPal only...separate account not attached to anything else. I too transfer anything I get in my PayPal to that checking account right away.

Was it in your account with them?
Nope - pulled out of my checking account.

My bank had me set up a checking account for Ebay/PayPal only...separate account not attached to anything else. I too transfer anything I get in my PayPal to that checking account right away.
Yes - that's what I'm going to do.

Back