The Woolen Monster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhyMinis

Reaction score
My horses have been going nuts for the past two days. At first I attributed it to the cooler weather but have noticed them standing in the upper pasture quite a bit, staring at the house and snorting like the boogie man was hiding around the corner.

weekend_001.jpg

I took Rambo out last night and he started dancing around as soon as I got near the house. We had a little talk and he settled down. Once I got the harness on, I ground drove him around the house and everything was fine except for a little goose step every time we went around one side of the house.

Ok.. fine, I thought he was over it. Put him to the cart and we made our regular rounds. When I put him away afterwards, I put him in the dry lot that is connected to the pasture. I put the harness and brushes away and noticed that he was still trotting back and forth in the dry lot. I looked, gates were open and he was on high alert. He kept snorting and trotting back and forth.

new_shocked.gif
THEN I SAW IT!! THE WOOLEN MONSTER that wouldn't let him pass.

weekend_020.jpg

I'd hung this rug out to wash it and let it dry two days ago. It's real, unbleached wool and not only does it look funny but I bet when it's wet it smells like sheep too. After I stopped laughing I watched him for about 15 minutes to see how he would deal with this boogie monster.

He finally ended up skirting around the far edge of the lot without taking his eyes off it. Once he got to the gate, he bolted, galloping and snorting all the way! Mystery Explained! Before I take it in, I will make sure that all the horses get a chance to confront it and be introduced to it.

Hehehehe Wollen boogieman, that's cute!!!

OH.... Way toooo Funny!!! It's funny how they pick up on things that are out of the ordinary and their minds just go crazy!!!
wacko.gif

Hey, it looks a little scarey to me too. Especially the way it is draped over the fence resembling some organic creature. I have heard that if we as humans would take care of ourselves the way animals do (using instinct) that we would all be a lot healthlier. Run when afraid, rest when tired, eat when hungry, go off by ourselves to rest and get well. It makes sense.

Latest posts

Back