The WEEDS have taken over

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieA

Reaction score
My fence line is a mess the cornors are beyond a mess with weeds and pretty flower weeds....I have wire fence so the weed eater sucks...I spend hours just putting new strings back on....the mower can't get into the cornors....all fences should have 45% cornors...or round cornors...I have caught the mower deck on the fence and made a mess more than once trying to cut close.....which totally THRILLS my hubby.....
default_wacko.png
and I am way to OLD and way to FLUFFY
default_blush.png
....to bend over and PULL......Anyway...I need to fix this....I cannot move the horses out....so what can I spray that truly works and will not hurt them....I can do it late evening and keep the critters in the barn overnight if it needs to dry first....Please let me know what has worked for you.....Thanks .....

Angie I hear ya.......same thing here. We have a heavy duty weedeater and I mean heavy duty, that is working ok and we also have double fencing so we can get behind the first one to weed eat too and attack from both sides but man, its a huge job. I'd also love to just spray something but so far, not sure what product to get either.

My grandpa used to use rock salt and lots of it. It takes anything YEARS to grow back.

I weed whip mine and then spray ROUNDUP (love that STUFF).

Last edited by a moderator:
Angie ~

Go to TSC. They have a weed killer that can be used with the horses in the pasture as long as there are no mares with foals at their sides. I *think* it's called Pasture Friend, Mate, Pal, .... something along those lines. Works great.
default_yes.gif

You coming to Nationals this year?

Great question! Thanks for the info on TSC! I think I will check it out too
default_yes.gif

DITTO...!!!! UGHHHHHH your post describes my day today!!! I was mowing...Tim started using weed eater...next lap around...I see him working on it.....next lap...he THROWS the weed eater into the back of his work truck. I thought rut-ro. MIND you....I just picked the weed eater up at the repair shop...for the 2nd time this summer.

I've used a ton of Round-Up..it does a good job...but have to go back again in like 3mo and do it again.

I'd spray it in the evening when they are up...the I'd let them out about noon next day...never had a problem.

Tim says there is stuff at TSC called 'graze-on' something like that...can use it...might take couple applications.

We use Pasture Pal for white clover

Thanks for all of the reply's....will go to TSC when I go visit my daughter this weekend.

Connie I feel Tim's pain....I was having a Moment one day with the weed eater....and seems I killed it for ever when I slung it over the fence into the ditch and it flipped out onto the road....
default_wacko.png

Not sure if I will make it to the Nationals this year....if I don't I will be thinking about you guys....sure there will be stories to tell ....lol

Marty......I just knew you would have discovered something by now.....I will let ya know how all of this stuff works.....

Thanks again....

Something absolutely safe for animals but not for the weeds is boiling water or strong vinegar. Both will kill the weeds as well as round up with out the chemicals.

Salt! Lotsa salt, I have the same trouble and I cannot weedwack.

Latest posts

Back