The Thunder Rolls!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shadow!

OMG! I am having such a blast roller skating!!

I came roller skating out of my garage today and Shadow almost pooped his pants! 🤣🤣 Such a big ole chicken! I shouldn’t be surprised since he doesn’t like things that roll, such as bikes 🤣

For him I had to create a harness.
025D29B3-CAB5-4A4A-9AA9-8E474608C61B.jpeg

Here is what I used:
Breast collar: I used a girth
Neck strap: I used a leg strap
Strap to hold on: I used a cross tie
I might see about using my surcingle tomorrow, we’ll see. Do you have any different ideas on how to create a harness for my purpose?

Here is his harness in use:

Shadow!

OMG! I am having such a blast roller skating!!

I came roller skating out of my garage today and Shadow almost pooped his pants! 🤣🤣 Such a big ole chicken! I shouldn’t be surprised since he doesn’t like things that roll, such as bikes 🤣

For him I had to create a harness.
View attachment 44683

Here is what I used:
Breast collar: I used a girth
Neck strap: I used a leg strap
Strap to hold on: I used a cross tie
I might see about using my surcingle tomorrow, we’ll see. Do you have any different ideas on how to create a harness for my purpose?

Here is his harness in use:

What a day you all had ! Looks like so much fun

ServiceMini, have you seen the easy-entry type cart for wheelchairs? It has a drop ramp on the back and you just roll the wheelchair on then put the ramp up.

Kelly, that work around you have seems safe and effective. If you don't see any dry spots when you take it off, it should do until/if you decide you need a harness for him.

What are you using to capture your videos?

ServiceMini, have you seen the easy-entry type cart for wheelchairs? It has a drop ramp on the back and you just roll the wheelchair on then put the ramp up.

I haven't! I am looking them up now; they seem so interesting and helpful! I will keep looking into them. :) I have honestly procrastinated in getting a wheelchair- largely because I can walk, just not well or safely for long periods of time or during summer/rainy/snowy days. Typing it out makes it seem obvious that one would be helpful, but getting over that mental hurdle is hard. 😓

@Kelly Have you considered a large dog harness for him? Or is he too big? Do you now how wide his girth is? If you can sew, it's easy to put together a simple harness, but what you have seems like it should work :) Also, a little off subject- do you remember thunders girth? He is about 28 inches tall, right? I am trying to get an idea of how big Sodapop's girth will get for the harness I'm getting her.

@ServiceI completely empathize on the mental hurdle part of it. I struggle with that too. I want to focus on what I CAN do, not what I can't.😉

Thanks to school, I have access to editing resources that I didn't before. I'm using the tutorials to learn how to do videos. Keep looking for me to post in the next couple weeks. We have a mid-term break next week and I hope to get some things done then.🤗

@Kelly Have you considered a large dog harness for him? Or is he too big? Do you now how wide his girth is? If you can sew, it's easy to put together a simple harness, but what you have seems like it should work :) Also, a little off subject- do you remember thunders girth? He is about 28 inches tall, right? I am trying to get an idea of how big Sodapop's girth will get for the harness I'm getting her.

Shadow is waaaay too big for an X-Large dog harness, he is 35 inches tall. Shadow is my widest 🤣mini, but I’m not sure how big his girth is, I haven’t measured. I only sew for horses, so I am actually thinking of “trying” to put something together for him. I’m not very good at sewing, I just don’t have the patience. I like quick and easy fixes with the sewing machine, so an entire harness would be a HUGE accomplishment for me. So we’ll see. 😘

Yep, Thunder is about 28 inches short🤣 and his is 36 inches around his girth. Thunder’s harness also fits Stormy who is 32 inches tall. I don’t know Stormy’s girth, I haven’t measured. Stormy is more on the petite side, where Thunder has a tendency to be a chunk if I let him.

Reactions: Taz
Wow!! That cart is amazing! I've been looking them up, and there are so many cool options, even a few that a team of minis could pull! Maybe I need to get Sodapop a friend! 😂 But how has the skating been? Have you put any more thought into making a harness for Shadow? :)

But how has the skating been? Have you put any more thought into making a harness for Shadow? :)

The skating is sooooo much fun!! I am having a ball!! I have thought about Shadows harness a little. I’m think I could make a removable chest strap then attach it to the surcingle I have. Thanks for asking 😍

And YES! You NEED another mini….someone said they are just like potato chips, you can NEVER have just one 🥳

I just wanted to bump up this thread to say I received my Nordic off-road rollerblades and they are AWESOME. 😍 Haven't gone behind the pony yet because I'm still getting in shape with them (it's a workout!) but I am sure I can make it work, to the point where I've decided to sell my Hyperbike! I will post video as soon as I have it.

My plan is to get a split dog leash (for walking two dogs), clip that to where the traces buckle in on the breastcollar, then initially probably just hold onto the leash end and skate behind him but ultimately I can attach that to a belt (it's more like a butt sling) so he can pull me more. Because you have to go side to side so much with the rollerblades, I feel like this setup will be safer and easier than using the traces and a singletree or a shaft set like for skijoring. The rollerblades have brakes so there is no danger of me running up on his heels, and having just one line up over his back will make it much less likely for anything to get around either of our legs.

Omg!!! ABBY!! That is so AWESOME!! I can’t wait to see your set up!!! Yes, please post pics and videos 🥰 Definitely can’t wait to see the whole butt sling in action too. You are gonna love it, sooooo exciting!! 😍😍💕💕 and sooooo happy for you! I agree, the whole shaft set up for skijoring makes me nervous because I’m such a klutz 🤣

Latest posts

Back