The Testosterone Fairy Is Coming! The Testosterone Fairy Is Coming!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
Well I've been good about keeping our new horse a secret for a while now. I found him through the LB Saleboard all the way back in April, but the seller changed their mind. Then last month out of the blue I got an email saying they would sell him after all (thank you Theresa!!). He's been finishing up his "work" there for the last month, and the whole time I've been worried something would happen to prevent his trip to IL, but Sharrway finally picked him and one of his lovely lady friends up today. I just got a call saying he'll be here tomorrow! I haven't seen him in person yet, and I've been so excited about him for so long that tomorrow's going to feel like a blind date. I just can't hold it in any longer and wanted to share with my forum family! Here he is during his show days (thank you to Wade of Lucky Four for giving me permission to post the following picture):

reckless.jpg

His name is Lucky Four Grands Reckless. His sire is a World Champion Martin Boozers After Dark son and his dam was a Wardance daughter that produced two World titled horses in her sadly short breeding career. He's just the right height for us - 30" - and homozygous for pinto! I've had way too much time to sit around daydreaming about him, so I've been picking through the AMHA show archives and here's what I know about his show record: 8 World Top Tens including Reserve World Champion Sr Stallion 28-30", 2x Honor Roll Champion, 1x Honor Roll Reserve Champion, 4x Regional Champion and Eastern Regional Grand Champion Jr Stallion in both the open and amateur divisions, 3 Supremes, 16 Grands, 12 Reserve Grands. Whoo! (I do a little dance every time I repeat this stuff.)

Please keep your fingers crossed that he and his mare make the rest of their trip safely tomorrow morning. I'll probably be back tomorrow night to ramble some more, so thanks as always to everyone that's tolerated my giddiness up to this point!
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Tiffany, he's stunning! Lucky, lucky you! Just my kind of horse. Can't wait to hear more about him!

He is GORGEOUS, congrats! I can't wait to see his future foals for you. Should be very nice
default_smile.png

He's gorgeous! I am so happy for you
default_smile.png

Susan O.

He is gorgeous!! Congratulations and I can see why you are on Cloud Nine
default_wub.png
What a show record, to boot, bet he will make some beautiful babies for you
default_wink.png

Congratulations Tiff! He's everything anyone would want in a sire...beauty, show record, awesome pedigree.

And o love the picture! It always cracks me up when Ed shows tiny horses! His height makes the horse seem even tinier.

Congratulations again!

Oh my Tiffany! He is gorgeous!

Was he on the trailer yesterday? Did Wayne pick him up before he picked up here? And I missed seeing him!
default_sad.png
I wish I had known.

Be sure to post more about him when he arrives.

Charlotte

edit: actually, if I had known he was on the trailer Wayne might have discovered a flat and there might have been an accidental breeding or two while he changed tires!
default_laugh.png
hehehe

He reminds me so much of my new Lucky Four stallion, Lucky Four Santa Fe So Impressive. I love this little stallion and I bet you will love your new guy too.

Yes, you can ramble on about him all you want.
default_yes.gif
We love hearing about horses and their happy owners!
default_aktion033.gif

Parmela, you are right. Ed can make those tiny ones look even tinier!
default_wink.png

Thankyouthankyouthankyou!
default_risa8.gif

Becky - your little guy is stunning too! I checked the studbook, and they do have some common ancestors. How does your guy move? I am secretly hoping with After Dark on top and Wardance on the bottom that Reckless will also have a little extra flair.

Charlotte - Who do you have on the trailer? I'll have to peek in and say hello! They did pick them up last night, but they must've switched the order of the trip. Last I'd heard they were going to finish their route to the south before coming up here, and then when they called last night they told me they had bad news, that they were having to stop for the night. I said, "Does this mean you won't be here by this weekend?" And he went, "What? We'll be there tomorrow afternoon!" I feel like Christmas is coming early!

Seriously, I've been like this all day:

(It's been driving everyone nuts.
default_biggrin.png
)

He's here! Actually he's been here since noon, but I've been hanging out at the barn watching him and his mare all day. It's been rainy, so they spent most of the day relaxing in their quarantine stalls, but Mo and I did let them out for a bit to stretch their legs (and roll in the mud of course) then took them on a walking tour of the farm before settling them in for the night.

I call this picture "so much for quarantine" because I chased the mares through the pasture next to the mare barn and out to their far pasture, but shortly after turning Reckless out I heard thundering hooves. The fence guy's been working all week, but he must've gotten rained out before replacing a section of the pasture fence today; silly me I closed the gate just to have the mares run down the fence and through that gap a few minutes later.

somuchforquarantine.jpg

So then he had to say hello:

recklesshead2.jpg

His girlfriend Windy came over and said hello too:

windy2.jpg

To be continued...

I chased the mares away again and locked the gate to the middle pasture too, so he spent the next 15 minutes wondering where all the ladies went:

recklessbehind2.jpg

Then whining about the ladies being gone:

recklessleft.jpg

So we went on a little farm tour, and he was happy to see some other ladies:

recklesswalking.jpg

recklessgrace.jpg

But wasn't happy to see Willie (Willie felt the same way about him):

recklesswillie.jpg

That was all the excitement we needed today.

I want to give a little shout out to Sharrway here. I've dealt with a lot of great shippers, and I know things happen during shipment, but today was the first time ever that a shipper arrived exactly when they said they would. They said yesterday "Noon tomorrow," and that's exactly when the trailer turned into our drive today. Reckless and Windy were in the trailer less than 24 hours, and Wayne clearly cares about his charges - he even checked on them again in their stalls before leaving.
default_yes.gif

What a gorgeous little boy! I can understand why you are over the moon!
default_yes.gif

And thank you for the pictures - he certainly looks in great shape after his long journey!

Anna

Latest posts

Back