The Rest of Our 2008 Purchases

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

We really over did it this year. :DOH! But there were so many really nice horses available and we're still in the building stage as far as our breeding program goes...so...we bought more than we sold.
default_laugh.png

In addition to our purchase of Spirit (which still amazes me - somebody please pinch me!) we added a few more recently.

Here's Spirit for those that may have missed him
default_rolleyes.gif
Spirit was part of the dispersal of Seahorse Farm.

spirithalterwebpjb5nohalter2.jpg

Then two weekends ago, my friend Barbara and I took a roadtrip to the Oktoberfest at Little King Farm. We didn't take a trailer because we weren't going to buy anything! So, why did we get bidder numbers?
default_laugh.png
I don't need to detail how it all unfolded. Many of you know the routine. Cute horse comes into the ring, hand involuntarily pops up, auctioneer points at you and says "SOLD!"

So here is what we purchased at the LKF sale, totally without any forethought, and I did it without consulting my husband first.
default_no.gif
Needless to say I'm in the dog house.

So, our main purchase. Little Kings Buckeroo Merlin. 29" solid black son of Buckeroo. Beautiful head, tiny ears, total attitude of arrogance. I LOVE him!

Merlin1.jpg

Then we purchased 3 weanlings. This one is a son of Little Kings Supreme Dream. He'll probably mature around 33". ETA: Deleted the photo as I think I've got the wrong horse in the photo. I'll try to get it straightened out.

This one is a son of Little Kings Super Supreme, a National Grand Champion driving and halter horse. This little guy is to die for! He will probably never see 28" and he's totally perfect. Tiny head, tiny/tippy ears, great topline and tailset and legs that are perfectly straight. He's the best put together/balanced tiny horse I've had the pleasure to see. He will be on our show string next year. This picture does NOTHING for him.

08sorrelpintocoltlkf.jpg

Then we also purchased a mare that is TOTALLY not my style but I just LOVED her. I wish I had pictures but I don't. She's a bay pinto daughter of Call Me Sir! She has the boldest blue eyes I've ever seen and she supposedly passes them on to all of her babies. She's double registered and about 34" tall!!!
default_new_shocked.gif
But I LOVE her! She's bred to Little Kings Little Buckeroo (aka Jr.) for an '09 foal. I can't wait to see what she produces with Spirit!
default_wub.png

And finally, our last purchase is a weanling filly. I don't have a picture of her and don't even recall her pedigree off the top of my head.
default_wacko.png
She's probably going to mature around 32" and has one blue eye.

THEN, as if going to the LKF sale wasn't enough...I bought a mare from Renee at Lucky Hart Ranch. She's a palomino daughter of Roan Ranger! And she's bred to Little Kings Buckeroo God (aka George). The foal will probably be going back to Lucky Hart after it's weaned. But that's OK, I wanted Junie! Even thought it's not visable, Junie is a pinto and always produces pintos. I got her to cross with Spirit for buckskin pintos.

junie1.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. And take a look at our website as I'm currently upgrading it. Most of the horse pages are done.

Last edited:
Oh WOW, they are all just gorgeous!
default_yes.gif

But, I LOVE your little guy, Spirit! HUBBA-HUBBA!
default_wub.png

Super Congrats on all of them!
default_aktion033.gif

I really really like that Supreme Dream colt, ALLOT! Then agian, i think i like them all too
default_wub.png
Congrats parm...being in the dog house with the hubby for a while is well worth it! Way to go!!

CONGRATULATIONS Parmela on all your purchases! You got some beautiful horses!

P.S. Sorry your in the doghouse.....if it's any consolation.....I'd marry ya for that herd! LOL

Congrats again on your purchases! I'm partial to Merlin as one of my 2008 purchases was a 2008 chestnut son of his
default_yes.gif
that I bought from Paige.. He's a little chunky-monkey right now but I love him anyway, can't wait to see how he matures out
default_wub.png

Here's my Merlin son: LCA's More Bang For Your Buck aka Royal:

Royal.png

Royal1.png

Royal3.png

Cutout11.jpg

default_saludando.gif
Hey Parmela!! Well you know I think all your horses are beautiful but I love these new guys/girls
default_new_shocked.gif
!!!!! I'm so glad you got them. Congrats on the nice purchases... besides its nice to be in the doghouse sometimes when they are that nice :)

Parmela

Hi, let me first say CONGRATS to you on your purchases at Oktoberfest. You are doing the right thing, buying in a good market EXCELLENT quality horses. While others are so scared and selling, you are looking at this as a good opportunity to BUY so GOOD FOR YOU:) I wonder if anyone has figured out that several of the past Oktoberfest horses went on to win World Champions and Reserve World Champion halter titles this year.

It is all in how you look at the market, just like the stock market, if you look at things from a positive perspective then you will be very successful and now is the time to BUY BUY BUY the good quality horses.

I was very impressed by the little sorrel pinto colt you purchase. I had said after the sale, someone got a heck of a colt that one day could very well be a World Champion 28 and under Sr. Stallion. With that said, I looked this colt up myself as he is out of a Double Destiny daughter and by Super Supreme. When I saw him I said "WOW" that is a heck of a colt if you like little this one will be something special. I told John about this colt and would like to keep and eye on him in the future. You are right, he needs NEW PHOTOS, the pic of him does not do him any justice.

Best Wishes to you and congrats again, plus thank you for seeing the opportunity and taking it.

Melinda Eberth

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah on your new purchases!! Gosh I am just kicking myself for not going there and I'm sure others like me will agree. I am wishing you the best of luck in the future and don't worry about your hubby getting mad those purchases will pay off BIG TIME in the future!!
default_yes.gif

Jessica

Parmela,

YOU BOUGHT SWEETWATERS GOLDEN JUNIE!?!?! A FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE BOY GRANDDAUGTER????? AND A GOLD MELODY OY GRADDUAGHTER??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif
default_new_shocked.gif

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
WHEN GET MY FIRTS MINI, I WILL BE DEFIANTELY AT YOUR FARM!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your purchases! Your making me jealous!
default_wub.png

Alyssa

Thank you everyone. It's kind of scary buying so much right now as our herd is the largest today that it's ever been, but there were so many quality horses available that I just had to act.

P.S. Sorry your in the doghouse.....if it's any consolation.....I'd marry ya for that herd! LOL
Thanks Russ. I may have to take you up on that! He's still pretty ticked.

Congrats again on your purchases! I'm partial to Merlin as one of my 2008 purchases was a 2008 chestnut son of his
default_yes.gif
that I bought from Paige.. He's a little chunky-monkey right now but I love him anyway, can't wait to see how he matures out
default_wub.png

Here's my Merlin son: LCA's More Bang For Your Buck aka Royal:

Royal3.png
THat's my favorite pic of your boy. What a sweet face and soft eyes that will melt your heart!
default_wub.png

Parmela
Hi, let me first say CONGRATS to you on your purchases at Oktoberfest. You are doing the right thing, buying in a good market EXCELLENT quality horses. While others are so scared and selling, you are looking at this as a good opportunity to BUY so GOOD FOR YOU:) I wonder if anyone has figured out that several of the past Oktoberfest horses went on to win World Champions and Reserve World Champion halter titles this year.

It is all in how you look at the market, just like the stock market, if you look at things from a positive perspective then you will be very successful and now is the time to BUY BUY BUY the good quality horses.

I was very impressed by the little sorrel pinto colt you purchase. I had said after the sale, someone got a heck of a colt that one day could very well be a World Champion 28 and under Sr. Stallion. With that said, I looked this colt up myself as he is out of a Double Destiny daughter and by Super Supreme. When I saw him I said "WOW" that is a heck of a colt if you like little this one will be something special. I told John about this colt and would like to keep and eye on him in the future. You are right, he needs NEW PHOTOS, the pic of him does not do him any justice.

Best Wishes to you and congrats again, plus thank you for seeing the opportunity and taking it.

Melinda Eberth
Thank you Melinda. We're trying to do the right thing and as my eye gets better I'm hopefully making better purchasing decisions.

I'm glad to hear you like the pinto colt also. A local trainer who happens to be a friend of the family went with us to pick up our horses this past Saturday. When she saw the pinto colt she just about flipped! She begged to have him in her barn next year which was flattering. She just kept saying "I'm serious Parmela. You've got a winner there." I do think we will put him with a trainer most likely if for no other reason than to keep him in shape as he grows so he's ready come time for the 28" & Under class, because I feel as you do, that he is going to be one kick-butt tiny senior stallion! And tiny is what we like around this farm.
default_aktion033.gif

Thanks again to everyone for all your nice compliments.
default_wub.png

Parmela,YOU BOUGHT SWEETWATERS GOLDEN JUNIE!?!?! A FLYING W FARMS LITTLE BLUE BOY GRANDDAUGTER????? AND A GOLD MELODY OY GRADDUAGHTER

default_biggrin.png
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png
WHEN GET MY FIRTS MINI, I WILL BE DEFIANTELY AT YOUR FARM!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your purchases! Your making me jealous!
default_wub.png

Alyssa
Thanks Alyssa. We're very fortunate as we now have 3 GMB granddaughters (still breeding) in our herd, a Blue Boy DAUGHTER and 2 Blue Boy granddaughters. Plus several GMB great-grandget. We really like the GMB/Blue Boy horses. Almost every horse on our farm has one or the other in the pedigree.

Parmela

Hi, yes I do agree and if you need that special "trainer" when he is 3 yrs old, I already told John that he would be one I would love to have in our training barn for Sr. Stallion 28 and Under as he looks like he will be WORLD CHAMPION.

I am proud that he is has Double Destiny in his pedigree too. His dam is a beautiful mare owned by Rogers Heaven sent ranch. She is by Destiny and out of a Manipulator daughter, super breeding and then top it off, sire side on your colt is King Supreme Bred. He is not only beautiful, he has a royal pedigree.

Congrats to you for having a super eye and getting such a super quality colt, he will do well in the future. That is one horse I wanted to know "WHO BOUGHT HIM" for sure.

Melinda

Congrats on your super new additions... Loved that little pinto colt..He was a treasure for sure....

Latest posts

Back