The pathology results are in.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
Went to my doctor yesterday and Peter Polyp turned out to be incredibly large (about the size of his index finger, he said) but completely non-cancerous. What a giant relief. So now, I've just got to wait until the bleeding stops (about another week, he says) and then everything will be back to normal. Apparently, the anti cancer drug I was taking (Tamoxifen) frequently causes this sort of thing so I can't take it anymore. I'm just so happy to not have cancer again. We celebrated by going out for a Mexican dinner. Which is not as easy as it was when we lived in Texas, let me tell you.

Today I'm going to sit in the sun and pull weeds. Maybe take one of the horses for a walk. Go shopping. Start on a new quilt. Things take on a whole new perspective when you don't fear imminent death. LOL

And, since I've obviously met my deductible for the year, I'm going to have cataract surgery on both eyes before December 31. The eye doctor says I may not even have to wear glasses after that. Wow, I've been wearing glasses almost my entire life. That would be really nice.

I may be falling apart, but they are putting me back together better than ever. LOL

I am SO HAPPY for you.Enjoy your day and celebrate your life.I have been saying prayers for you.

Oh man!!! I'm happy for this update and the cataract surgery results will amaze you
default_smile.png

So happy to hear the results! Enjoy the sun today, you deserve a break.

I am so HAPPY for you. You have been on an emotional roller coaster so its nice to see you RELAX and CELEBRATE!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Fantastic!

thanks for sharing with all of us here on the forum

best wishes!

Good deal Lucille! Prayers answered for you. I will continue to keep you in them. Glad that you are getting to enjoy the sun. Take in some sunrises and sunsets. God is such a gifted artist!

What a tremendous burden lifted from you. You have been through so much! I am so happy for you as well!

Brilliant news, I so very happy for you. Enjoy your 'relax' time, you do so deserve it - and good luck with the eye surgery.

Oh I just asked on the other post how the results were- hadn't seen this post. PRAISE THE LORD and so glad to hear it was not cancerous!!

How fabulous, Dixie Belle! It is wonderful that you shared your good news! I do hope there was dessert somewhere in that celebratory meal! Enjoy your minis and all of your plans!

I'm just going to mention that we sometimes don't recognize what a wonderful gift good health is until we no longer have it. I went thru a long time not feeling well and now I'm slowly returning back to "normal" (although I would ordinarily never use the word normal and me in the same sentence...ahem). I have been outside with the horses, baking, quilting, going to church....doing all the things I love that I couldn't do. I am feeling so blessed.

I recognize that the little things are the best. I'm thrilled to sit with my husband, holding hands and watching TV.

Latest posts

Back