The new guys in my life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poniesrule

Reaction score
First off, thank you to everyone for your comments & encouragement. These forums are just full of good tips & topics!

Well, I didn't get the gelding & mare like I had originally planned.... long, disappointing story. But I ventured to a breeder/trainer's place Sunday to look at 1 little dude. He drove fantastic for both myself and my 7 year old daughter & was just all around awesome to be around. He even loved my 2 year old daughter! So of course we brought him home for the girls to share with me
default_thumbup.gif
I can't wait to go to a few shows this summer!(And to clip him, he looks black but is a gorgeous blue roan) BUT there was also a handsome little devil who grabbed my heart.... I couldn't just leave him there, so we brought home a fun little guy just for me too! Addictions, I tell ya what!

The best news of the weekend though, was that the breeder/trainer is amazing. They live 2 hours away, but invited us to come back unlimited times for help. That alone is worth it's weight in gold. Both have been shown several times, have been treated firmly but fairly, and have even sweet dispositions. My little man has a lot of driving experience, but needs refining, and I am looking forward to having the opportunity to work closely with a trainer to experience everthing. As for my little Princess, she was thrilled to meet them, and now the gang has started to work out their pecking order. Always hard to watch (they don't understand "hey, be nice... play fair") but after a few days things will even out. SO EXCITED!!!!

Sorry to say, but now you get to look at my new mini's! Introducing:

Money

Easy Money.jpg

& Kenai

Kenai.jpg

Congratulations!

Like the 2nd guy...
Thanks! I do too! The first one won't win any conformation classes, but he's a great teacher for the kids, worth his weight in gold. The second one, Kenai, is soooo fun! I'm very excited to have him!

-Megan

Back