The Neverending Saga........first one of 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty, thank you as always for giving me a chuckle. I always love your stories. Who else could have made such an enjoyable story out of the situation all of us wives know all to well. It is always our fault when things dont go right.

It sounded like an episode from one of our family doings. Hubby rarely swears, I am the potty mouth in the house, but when he does, we all have to turn and chuckle because he doesn't do it very good. Then he catches us laughing at him and that is even funnier.

BTW, Big Bertha is lovely.

I love Big Bertha! Please don't wait too long to remodel the kitchen, I can just imagine the stories we are going to hear!! Enjoy the ice maker! Sheila :aktion033:

Oh Marty, that is just too funny! You really have a gift as a story teller! I definatly think your family should have their own TV show or something, you always bring a smile to my face !

Marty, when we moved in here, we got a new fridge. We got the ice and water thingys too. Although I thought I had measured correctly, it did not fit through the door, and sticks out some four inches or so from the edge of the counter. You know what? Only a few of us could do something so silly, and only you could tell it so well. Mine is white and works very well, and I've even gotten used to it sticking out further in the floor than I would like.

Marty,

Thanks for the laugh! We hauled our new refigerator home, OK I hauled it home, my husband met me at Lowes, helped load it and made sure it was secure and went back to work while I drove home. That was a long drive, but no mountain roads and no wind! I got a pain ole white one, Big Bertha is much more attractive!

I can not wait to see your new kitchen! I agree with Cimarron, it would be very good saga to follow.

Take care my friend,

Barb

Oh Marty, what a grand life you live.

Boy oh boy name does suit,! Big Bertha! , now where is Small Dude ( New Stove ).
default_wink.png
:

Make sure you leave the measuring tape at home next time, amazing how we always get blamed.

Oh that is so great! I understand because when our fridge went out in 2001 we went looking for a new one and had the same problems! Finally settled on a scratch and dent unit. Still it was a big feller and well, out comes the cabinet! Hee Hee. Yep, had to take the door off the the thing to get it into the house.

And yes, that ice really freaked the dogs out! And I still wake up when it dumps ice!

Congratulations on your new refrigerator! :aktion033: It may take the dogs a while to get used to the noise of the ice dropping. We have a water cooler and every time it cuts on it makes a loud click, our pug will bark every time. You would think after a while she would learn the monsters are not going to come out of it like she thinks. She will even be in a sleep in the living room away from it in the kitchen and will wake up enough to get a low "ruff" out of her. Good story.

SWEEEET!!!! :aktion033: I want new appliances SO BAD!!!!

I love the story... as usual you had me rolling on the floor in laughter.... :lol:

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

OMG i am ROFLMAO.... Marty you should write books! or have a TV show (except i wouldn't get to see it since we don't do TV...)

love the dogs barking at the ice maker... my grandma had a clock on her wall that was HER grandmother's, which i had loved since i was a little girl... whenever i visited her, i used to watch the time and go stand by it to hear it chime. she had a piece of tape on the back with my name on it, since i loved it so much she promised it would be mine when she passed away. but when i bought my first house on my own, she gave it to me early, so she could see me enjoy it. well, when it chimes, it doesn't go "bong, bong, bong" - it goes "ding dong, ding dong, ding dong" - sound EXACTLY like a doorbell. the first day, the dogs ran barking to the door EVERY time the clock went off. after the first day, they only did it at 1:00 and on the half hour... but it took them almost a week to figure out which was the clock and which was the actual doorbell... ( which was maybe partly my fault, because the perfect place to hang the clock was... YUP, right next to the doorbell box on the wall LOL)

Thanks for that great story! I sure can relate to various parts of it. The "where is this tool and what happened to that tool" to which I answer its where u used it last and left it laying, duh! And its amazing that it always "our" fault when something doesnt fit, lol. Thanks for reminding me it just a guy thing
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back