The miracle of grass!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tab

Reaction score
Just last month we got the rest of our property pastured in and the hooves have improved on all, already, and the two oldest in my herd are now in perfect shape going into winter! Gradually had everyone on 2 hours per day per set. Mares then males! Just wanted to encourage those of you who do drylots, hay and grain to get some rich grass in the diets if you can! I was seeing weight drop on my middle agers, and it was the ultimate struggle to keep weight on my senior stallion. They are all nice and pudgy, ready to stay warm in the winter months. Gradually introduce grass and you are good to go. I have also noticed bellies have tucked up a lot.

Could you come and explain all that to my horses? One of my geldings looks as if he is about to give birth! He will stay on 24/7 grass as it is winter and it really does not matter. In summer we shall get back to waging war on the flab- for all the good it will do!!!

Maybe this guy needs some dry lot time!
default_whistling.gif
haha

Yes, in the spring. No problem at the moment and I like to give the show horses all the winter off to just be horses. If he gets fat he will lose fat too!

Latest posts

Back