The mini world lost a special breeder yesterday, Susan Hopmans

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljc

Reaction score
To those of you who knew her -- and those of you who didn't -- I'm sorry to say that Susan Hopmans, of LaVista Farm in Santa Ynez, CA, passed away yesterday from cancer. She was an amazing woman of great character and generosity, who loved nothing more than sharing her passion for minis with others. In recent years she had shifted her focus from breeding show minis to breeding minis for therapeutic purposes, helping to start a foundation called Therapeutic Pets of Santa Barbara. Contributions to that organization in her memory would be a lovely tribute.

RIP, Susan. You fought bravely and can now rest.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that. Susan bred some awesome horses during her years as a miniature horse breeder. May she rest in peace and her contributions to the breed will be forever more.

Thats terrible and so sad
default_sad.png
I didn't know her, but my heart goes out to all of her family and friends and prayers for all.

I'm so very sorry to hear this
default_sad.png
My thoughts and prayers go out to Susan's loved ones.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Her passing will leave a void in the hearts of everyone who knew her. Warm condolences and prayers for her family.

Im very sad to hear of Susans passing. One of my favorites mares is from her ranch. AMHA Honor Roll top 5, Western Regional Champion AOTE mare, Reserve Champion Youth Mare, Multiple Grand Champion Halter horse and Supreme Halter winner La Vista Project Runway.

She definately bred quality horses!

Rest in Peace Susan.

Kandi and La Vista Project Runway

1020_140_0904.jpg

1020_140_0771.jpg

aspen.jpg

So sorry to hear this... a great loss to the world.

OH NO......Susan was definitely a special LADY. She will be missed greatly.

Larry and I have many fond memories of her at her ranch. Prayers go out.

Oh no, I am so so sorry to see this post. She was an incredible person and will be missed by many...

Liz N.

I had heard that she was terminally ill, but had hoped it would not be so soon. She was a precious lady, and will be missed by so many people. Prayers for her family.

I am really late seeing this... I have not met Susan but assisted her in advertising on here on LB for her horses.. She was always wonderful to work with.. It was a shock to read this.. My prayers to her family and friends.. She will be sadly missed in the Miniature Horse community..

Latest posts

Back